Wichita State vs South Florida Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

GM did mention in his post-game presser that he was very happy with how the last group performed. I also thought Trey Wade gave a much-needed boost off the bench.
    I did, too. To bad he picked up that immediate TO late in the game which got him quickly taken out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I did, too. To bad he picked up that immediate TO late in the game which got him quickly taken out.
      And erased a made trey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

defender did has his arm, which is why they called the foul. It was a bad pass as well, a little behind him.
        yeah, well, there was no foul......after his bad Jerry Rice impression, USF grabbed the loose ball and went flying to the other end, with Coach screaming "two hands" the whole time

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

yeah, well, there was no foul......after his bad Jerry Rice impression, USF grabbed the loose ball and went flying to the other end, with Coach screaming "two hands" the whole time
          I must be thinking of another play, similar bad pass but the guy behind him grabbed his arm and then a guard came in and stole it but the ref blew his whistle.

Comment

• I am pretty sure we are talking about the same play and there was no foul charged but SHOULD have been.
            was poorly thrown behind AM and too low and the blame should have been on the pass. also, if you look
            closely AM got his hand on an entry pass and deflected it to a teammate, DD I believe, and DD got credit
            for the steal from a pass AM deflected

Comment

• We seem to struggle at home. I'm not sure why. I think JB dribbles to much and into traffic and then forces up his shots. A win is a win though and we must play better in the next 5 games if we expect to win.
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Here's the deal. Never fear, JE was here and all over the hardwood and stuffed the stat-sheet. 20 in-team-flow-non-front shirt-non hero pts., 9 glass-cleaning- bully ball rbs, 4 rim-protecting blocks, 2 rock-sharing- front- jersey assists, and 2 hair-on-fire-defensive steals. Nice to sweep a team that mauled us on the cold and lonely road last Season. Now looking forward to the back-loaded tough AAC games left, we understand we have some tough payback-non sweeping-close games left to play. Last night, I relished our 10 more throws and 80.8% solid shooting there. Good thing 3G reads here that we must not foul too much in the close games and keep practicing our throws in practice. We know that's right? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now, our 2 and 3 pt. FG shooting % last night is a concern even though we won by 10. We had 3 less RB--that's bad, 4 less turnovers--that's good, 6 more blocks--that's real good, and 2 more thefts--we must not share with our foes.

We gave Cinn. the gifts that kept on giving here, but the Shocks must return the favor and send their fans and players home pouting. We gave them 10 more throws, 3 more rbs., and a 3pt. the old fashioned way in a gift to Cumberland to complete his 24 pts. and a no overtime win. Mr. Williams did not help our cause with his 17 points either. The Shocks need to declaw the Bearcats and beat them there as we did the first Season we joined the AAC. They will be penetrating, wanting eggs in their beer, and trying the drive the rock down out throats. JE, please keep your fouling to a mild roar. We need him on the court for at least 30 minutes to help our winning cause. The wiggle room the Shocks have left is slim to none, and slim needs to leave their town with this needed win. We actually can pull this off. Especially, if we rebound better than last time, play defense without so much fouling, and score the ball like we did against Baylor in the 1st half last Season, all game long. Actually, SN and FSF will be happy even with a 1 point win. Just win Shocks because we know you can!!!!!!!!!!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The consistency is a question mark sure. But to say it's looney bin for 5-0? that's a stretch. Unlikely sure but look at each game individually

@Cincy - Just lost to UCF at home ...
                  Temple - Temple is all over the damn place and they aren't great on the road. It's at home
                  @SMU - They just lost to Tulane
                  @Memphis - They are turnover machines .. they own a 40 pt loss to Tulsa and a home loss to USF and Penny seems to have lost the team a bit (along with some key injuries)
                  Tulsa - They needed a buzzer beater to beat us at their place

Indivdually, none of those games are not winnable. Win odds per KP

Cincy 40%
                  Temple - 82%
                  SMU - 50%
                  Memphis 50%
                  Tulsa - 77%

Win @Cincy and odds of 5-0 get a lot better. To me? 4-1 seems the most likely with a loss @Cincy most likely.
                  Zero chance of 5-0. We can’t be trusted to play consistent over the next 5 games. This team has issues that just aren’t being addressed. I stand by 3-2 is most likely, with a chance of 4-1 if we play with our heads above our shoulders.

Comment

• Are the issues not being addressed or do we not have the players to address the issues?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Zero chance of 5-0. We can’t be trusted to play consistent over the next 5 games. This team has issues that just aren’t being addressed. I stand by 3-2 is most likely, with a chance of 4-1 if we play with our heads above our shoulders.
                      6% chance, give or take.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        I am pretty sure we are talking about the same play and there was no foul charged but SHOULD have been.
                        was poorly thrown behind AM and too low and the blame should have been on the pass.
                        i guess HCGM and the officials and the guy that keeps the official stats saw it differently than you did

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

The dark side of the moon not being made of cheese is not 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            Since no one else will step up on AM's behalf I will as usual. The play ya'll think AM dropped the ball on you need to rewatch.
                            The pass was NOT in a good spot AND the defender raked his arm. You can see AM telling the passer to get it higher and out in
                            front of him. AM had good minutes again tonight. .
                            Who do you blame when he misses free throws?

Comment

• The big pic with AM is that a few of you seem to single him out every time he slips up like you have something against
                              him. You made no negative comment re PBC last night and I only did to point out that you seem to be selectively
                              singling out AM. He had a very nice post up move/score for our first basket. He stopped a couple of drives forcing them
                              back out, he deflected a pass which another team mate got a steal credited, a rebound, and gave JE a nice rest. Where
                              is the credit when he does well? As for FT's he isn't the only big man struggling, has not had enough attempts to judge
                              and he shot 60% last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Are the issues not being addressed or do we not have the players to address the issues?
                                I'm still hung up on generally not having size at the 4 over 6'-6".

Comment

Working...
                                X