Wichita State vs South Florida Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts...nothing profound....:
    - I love it when we play 4 guards...MOSTLY(counting Dexter as one)
    - Love that Trey still hustles even though his minutes have dwindled some
    -loved it that Poor Bear, RIGHT AFTER I said" He's GOT to be thinking of entering the portal', came in and did well, in my eyes....
    - there were at LEAST 4 TIMES our bigs got hammered on the arms going up...no call....
    -I love me some Brian Gregory...his kids play hard, they don't quit
    -the Memphis nachos....anyone else like them?

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      Thoughts...nothing profound....:
      - I love it when we play 4 guards...MOSTLY(counting Dexter as one)
      - Love that Trey still hustles even though his minutes have dwindled some
      -loved it that Poor Bear, RIGHT AFTER I said" He's GOT to be thinking of entering the portal', came in and did well, in my eyes....
      - there were at LEAST 4 TIMES our bigs got hammered on the arms going up...no call....
      -I love me some Brian Gregory...his kids play hard, they don't quit
      -the Memphis nachos....anyone else like them?
      I like the nachos too. Memphis is nacho good.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        What a luxury to have a Center who can make FT.
        According to the USF board, Jaime has been here since 2013. So, lots of time for free throw practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          I couldn’t be sicker of Jerry Palm. Last team in. Arkansas ahead of us.
          Didn't Palm have the Shocks way up there for a while? In any case, I don't remember seeing that he had been added to the selection committee.

Comment

• Since no one else will step up on AM's behalf I will as usual. The play ya'll think AM dropped the ball on you need to rewatch.
            The pass was NOT in a good spot AND the defender raked his arm. You can see AM telling the passer to get it higher and out in
            front of him. AM had good minutes again tonight. I thought PBC's were not that great. He gave up an inside bucket to their second
            string center and he failed to block out on a rebound giving them another bucket. I thought for sure GM would pull him after not
            blocking out. Overall, I saw some regression on offensive ball movement but I also saw some good court vision and some good
            assists, as well. Hope JE's foot is okay ! We will have to play much better on offense on Sunday. 20-6 so grats on another
            20 W season.
            Last edited by asiseeit; February 20, 2020, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              Since no one else will step up on AM's behalf I will as usual. The play ya'll think AM dropped the ball on you need to rewatch.
              The pass was NOT in a good spot AND the defender raked his arm. You can see AM telling the passer to get it higher and out in
              front of him. AM had good minutes again tonight. I thought PBC's were not that great. He gave up an inside bucket to their second
              string center and he failed to block out on a rebound giving them another bucket. I thought for sure GM would pull him after not
              blocking out. Overall, I saw some regression on offensive ball movement but I also saw some good court vision and some good
              assists, as well. Hope JE's foot is okay ! We will have to play much better on offense on Sunday. 20-7 so grats on another
              20 W season.
              20-6?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• My gut tells me we go 3-2 over the last 5 games.
                4-1 is unlikely, while 5-0 will get you a front row seat in the looney bin.

Comment

• I work Tuesday and Thursday evenings, so I'm just now watching the game 4 hours after it's over. I'm only up to half time, but I've noticed a lot of positives - even though shots aren't falling.

- Sherfield, Fernandez, and Burton have all driven to the hoop. They haven't finished, but having the confidence to get there is step 1.
                  - Feeding the post is happening
                  - All the Fr are showing advancement in their games, with the exception of making shots
                  - Stevenson is having a solid game
                  - Echenique is dominating when he gets the ball inside - even against a decent 7' guy - and he's getting the ball inside.

I know the outcome. There are 2 36" monitors and a 50" where I "work" (I run bridge games for SERIOUS players). I keep live stats up on those monitors. I know that there will be more positives in the second half.

USF emphasizes D. When you win against a team with a heavy emphasis on D, you win ugly. This game shows that the Shox haven't totally recovered from their slump, but now they know that.

I thought the 1/9 start from the field skewed the shooting percentage. I calculated what they shot after that, but that was only 40%. Got to give USF a lot of credit for that. The shots that went in were good looks, but there weren't many good looks that didn't go in.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• What's one of the first things I see in the second half? Etienne running out to half court for an under the basket inbounds play and catching a contested pass, which didn't happen on a similar play two years ago when Rob Gray took that pass away from a Shocker.

Comment

• Did I just see Echenique shot fake, take the ball to the hoop on the bounce, and pass to Burton for an uncontested dunk? Didn't know that was in the playbook.

Comment

• Burton's and Dennis's shooting stats aren't good, but they are hitting timely shots. Possible appearance of MTXE. More data needed.

Comment

• Echenique loves the crowd. The crowd loves Echenique.

Comment

• S. Florida played with more energy than the Shocks. That lack of energy from WSU won't get it done at Cincinnati, but, I don't think that will be the case. It'll be a good game Sunday.

Comment

• Random thoughts: Cincy is a lot like us, Jekyl and Hyde. This game could go either way. As for last night, JE was clearly the difference in the game although he left some points on the board with a lot of bad misses, especially in the first half. Sherfield needs to get a new shooting form next year. He will never be an effective shooter with a release point below his chin. Glad to see Etienne throw down that dunk at the end, he usually has a difficult time finishing fast breaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                                My gut tells me we go 3-2 over the last 5 games.
                                4-1 is unlikely, while 5-0 will get you a front row seat in the looney bin.
                                The consistency is a question mark sure. But to say it's looney bin for 5-0? that's a stretch. Unlikely sure but look at each game individually

@Cincy - Just lost to UCF at home ...
                                Temple - Temple is all over the damn place and they aren't great on the road. It's at home
                                @SMU - They just lost to Tulane
                                @Memphis - They are turnover machines .. they own a 40 pt loss to Tulsa and a home loss to USF and Penny seems to have lost the team a bit (along with some key injuries)
                                Tulsa - They needed a buzzer beater to beat us at their place

Indivdually, none of those games are not winnable. Win odds per KP

Cincy 40%
                                Temple - 82%
                                SMU - 50%
                                Memphis 50%
                                Tulsa - 77%

Win @Cincy and odds of 5-0 get a lot better. To me? 4-1 seems the most likely with a loss @Cincy most likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X