Wichita State Men's Basketball vs. Cancer - Memorabilia Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Couldn't someone just buy it for his family member? It doesn't have to be bought by ES.
    No.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

No.
      So a family member can't even buy it for another family member?

Comment

So a family member can't even buy it for another family member?
        Maybe a family member can. No one out of family can and give it to his family.

Comment

Just don’t advertise it.

Comment

As always, Shocker Nation needs to heed caution on these matters. The NCAA is so mad at KU right now. Someone has to face consequences for that.
            78-65

Comment

AM's jersey currently has the highest bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Is this correct?
                See the post from Shocker compliance. You can donate to the athletic department and they can get it to them "at the appropriate time". If you give it directly to the player or the family its an impermissible benefit

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Just don’t advertise it.
                  Just give it back to the Athletic Department and let them handle it

Comment

AM's jersey currently has the highest bid.
                    Atta boy Joerg!!!

Comment

I assume the uniform color will be the same when they have a prostate cancer thing? Would make sense to me.

Comment

Couldn't someone just buy it for his family member? It doesn't have to be bought by ES.
                        ask James Wiseman what happens when you buy something for a family member

Comment

These auctions are ending today. Etiennes went for over a grand.

I'd also like to point out that Creighton did the same thing earlier in the month. The WSU ones are going for 2-3 times the amount the Creighton ones did. Guess they only care about Creighton when there is beer involved

Comment

I think Kennedy said you could buy it and give it to the athletic department to hold for the player after he graduates. Seems odd that would work but at least that is what I heard him say.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I think Kennedy said you could buy it and give it to the athletic department to hold for the player after he graduates. Seems odd that would work but at least that is what I heard him say.
                              Yeah, that does seem kind of like a "deferred compensation." So do the blue-bloods promise to give $$$$$ to players who have fulfilled their "expected contract"?
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Yeah, that does seem kind of like a "deferred compensation." So do the blue-bloods promise to give $$$$$ to players who have fulfilled their "expected contract"?
                                It's a little different since none of the money goes directly to the player. Just the deferred receipt of a jersey or uniform. But it would not surprise me the convoluted way the NCAA rules are written and applied.

Comment

Working...
                                X