Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    everybody looks good when shots are falling
    And the other team is playing little to no defense!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      You may have to eat your stock. Whatever you and others want, our strengths aren’t inside. We have a nice rebounding team but we have only one scoring big in JE who is a back to the basket scorer. We are mostly a perimeter team with a few jumpers who can rebound and lay the ball in from close. Mostly guards/forwards who can score mostly from the outside. That’s just who we are. We are young enough that our shooting percentages will probably improve this year and next as confidence grows.
      I would say JE is the only consistent scoring big we have inside. MU is a lot less of a scoring big, but he does occasionally score depending on who the defender is, while AM is even less of a scoring big.

Comment

• Even though it seemed we had too many side to side passing moments at least shots were going up that weren't desperation shots as the shot clock wound down. Would like to see more interior shots but the best thing was we didn't rely on just one shooter yesterday. Had two hitting almost everything and another two that hit at a pretty decent clip. Can't leave ES open even if he returned to earth on Sunday just because everyone knows what he is capable of. If we have several guys shots falling live with it until it doesn't. Passing was more crisp with the ball not stuck to anyone longer than needed. I like the lineup the last two games and extending the bench. Shock Ref did call the UCF game as a win with most seeing nothing but doom. Good call. Go Shox

Comment

• Tyson started huntin his shot a bit after he had made several in a row. I'm ok with that, kinda like ES at UCF.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I would say JE is the only consistent scoring big we have inside. MU is a lot less of a scoring big, but he does occasionally score depending on who the defender is, while AM is even less of a scoring big.
            Yes, sometimes Mo can score. He is a very good rebounder inside, but he often gets his shot blocked, or has difficulty getting his shot off around taller players. He is also at getting fouled inside but his shooting from the foul line is not good at this time. When he improves his foul shooting, he will be more effective as an inside presence.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Tyson started huntin his shot a bit after he had made several in a row. I'm ok with that, kinda like ES at UCF.
              A couple heat checks are ok ... if you are trying like 5 heat checks its a different story. ES and TE both were in the first category the last 2 games (and DD)

Comment

• This is my favorite play of the year so far.
                • Noah gets clocked by an illegal screen with an arm extension to his upper body. Doesn't complain just fights through and gets back in position.
                • Dives at the ball, gets a hand on it but gets right back and back in position
                • Fights through a second screen and picks the pocket
                • Dives headfirst to secure the loose ball
                • Immediately looks for a teammate up ahead and passes it out
                • Burton corrals it, pulls a defender away from the lane
                • The pretty lob to DD for the finish
                Defensive intensity and unselfish basketball leading to an easy bucket
                Last edited by Stickboy46; February 17, 2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Well the last two games, Gregg has seemed to decide that we need to go with 4 guards (4 out and 1 in) the majority of the time. Wade's time has been cut to 8-12 minutes with Dexter getting the majority of the 4 minutes. Of course, the last two games against UCF and Tulane has been two teams with 4 guard lineups themselves.

It will be interesting how much we are ALL IN with the 4 guard lineup the remainder of the season when we play teams with bigger players at the 4 spot. Didn't USF (who we play Thursday) have a bigger lineup? I remember that they are a good rebounding team.

Comment

• I love seeing 10-11 playing, because they are all bought in to the team now. That team meeting did wonders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                      I love seeing 10-11 playing, because they are all bought in to the team now. That team meeting did wonders.
                      Kinda like a good ol' colon cleansin'...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        You may have to eat your stock. Whatever you and others want, our strengths aren’t inside. We have a nice rebounding team but we have only one scoring big in JE who is a back to the basket scorer. We are mostly a perimeter team with a few jumpers who can rebound and lay the ball in from close. Mostly guards/forwards who can score mostly from the outside. That’s just who we are. We are young enough that our shooting percentages will probably improve this year and next as confidence grows.

i think i agree with you.. thats on coach to mix the ingredients to make it good.. like a chef would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Damn, that is a nice clip!
                          That right there epitomizes the Shocker way.

Comment

• I don't know who asks the question .. but Marshall shutting down the reporter who was still asking about the Houston game was quite comical (Starts at the 5:30 mark)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...240356916.html

I don't know who asks the question .. but Marshall shutting down the reporter who was still asking about the Houston game was quite comical (Starts at the 5:30 mark)
                              Sounds like Taylor

Comment

Working...
                              X