• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    Looks like we found our Mojo...
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Never fear, DD and TE were here... playing "laser shooting ball" with 20-or more points apiece. Ech. played some "bully ball" with a fierce dunk. "Hero, and back jersey ball were kept to a mild roar today. In the first half we witnessed some "hair on fire Defense ball" led by DD, Tyson, and Burton. DD played some "Wrap around assist ball" with his assist to ES. The Shocks played some nice "Share the rock ball" with over 20 assists." The Shocks excelled today with "Clean the Glass ball" with 17 more rebounds than Tulane. DD and TE played some "Leadership when your hot your real hot ball" with 15-18 sizzling hot shooting. GS played some "Alley OOOP ball" with some finer than frog-hair assists. Coach did not dig on being outscored by 5 the 2nd half and that seemed to be some "lackadaisical focusing ball" which will be addressed. I thought Mo played solid in the first half and was surprised he was the last "big" put in the 2nd half. Of our bigs, we need JE drawing the throws because he will make his fair share. DD can make throws and today he had around 9 rebounds. Depending on match ups, in close games, who do we want in as the finishers? 1. GS or Burton, 2.TE-our very best shooter 3. Burton or ES, 4. DD 5. JE.

All in all, this was an expected, but needed win. When the Shocks hit shots, share the ball, and rebound like rock stars, we are tough to beat. The USF home game Thursday will be tougher but one we should also win. From there, the Shocks are playing teams that are very closely matched to us and could go either way. Bubble teams have to finish strong to Dance. Our beloved Shocks have very little wiggle room for error from here and I am expecting some close, nail-biting finishes. Go Shocks!!!!!!!!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

So many posts in game threads and secondary threads after losses, but very little activity during wins and good times.

What does that mean, exactly?

I don't think it's a good thing. Means we're maybe more inclined to complain than to bask in victory.

For me, I am more reserved after this encouraging result, hoping we truly have turned it back around. Like others, I am waiting to do it against the top of the conference before I claim we can go deep in the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
          For me, I am more reserved after this encouraging result, hoping we truly have turned it back around. Like others, I am waiting to do it against the top of the conference before I claim we can go deep in the tourney.
          Who is saying we are ready to go deep in the tourney? I haven’t sensed that being said. We have to get into the tourney before we can deeply advance.

Comment

So many posts in game threads and secondary threads after losses, but very little activity during wins and good times.

I don't think it's a good thing. Means we're maybe more inclined to complain than to bask in victory.

It means we are a spoiled ass fanbase who think we have all the answers.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Gordon only played 6 minutes. Was he that bad?
              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

It means that misery loves company.

Comment

I know it's only Tulane but I've seen more passes on fast breaks and drives in the last two games than I've seen all year I think.

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
                    Gordon only played 6 minutes. Was he that bad?
                    Maybe. How many practices did you go to last week?

I think that minutes should be divided equally between all the players. If if it were me I’d play all 12 players who aren’t redshirting 30 minutes. But we’d be disqulalfied for playing 7-8 players at the same time part of the game because there are only 200 minutes to be divided up by 5 guys at the same time. But that’s just me.

Comment

Nothing wrong with beating the $hit out of a team you're supposed to beat the $hit out of.

Comment

Nothing wrong at all!
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

where can I get video highlights? I missed the JE man-dunk.

Comment

Die by the three or live by it which we certainly did today. We are moving the ball much better from side to side but still
                            not all that well in and out. We will still be in trouble when the threes are not going in but better ball movement is creating
                            better looks overall.

Comment

1. The first half was really fun to watch
                              2. the diminutive Fernandes is already a fan favorite
                              3. Tulane beat Cincinnati (I can't imagine)
                              4. Lawson really looks like a stud, but he don't DO nuttin
                              5. We need a plug-and-play Center for next year
                              6. the end of the first half is unforgiveable
                              7. JB kinda had the best of times and the worst of times
                              8. ES huntin his shot when they ain't goin in, is not good
                              9. Poo got minutes...................
                              10. AM got minutes...................

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                where can I get video highlights? I missed the JE man-dunk.
                                How about these?

(I wish the athletic department would use MK over their videos, or at least crowd noise. Music only, without the TV overlay doesn't give as much context as it could.)

Comment

Working...
                                X