X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

combo is what I'd say too

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Really? Do you think Grant is seen as more of a 2? I guess I thought of him as a combo....
      Noah is the only true PG on the team meaning he will play no other position. Grant is a combo guard meaning he will play both PG and SG.

Comment

The thing is Noah is a freshman, and has had very limited _quality_ minutes to get used to the college pace. So OF COURSE when he comes off the bench and is thrown into the fire of a game, he is going to look awkward. You could see him speed himself up thinking the game is faster than it is, and boom insta-foul and/or rushed shot selection/attempts.

He NEEDED to start in order to get a feel for the pace of the game from the very get-go. Or at minimum get the opportunity to sub in very early in games and be allowed to play through a few mistakes in order to start adjusting.

With more experience he will be DICTATING the pace of the game, not trying to adjust to it. But that's unlikely to happen this year, IMHO since he hasn't had a ton of PT this deep into the season.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          I have had several arguments over Noah.....yes, he has room to grow in size and experience, but the BALL DOES NOT DIE IN HIS HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Absofreakinglutely.

He's a little small and a true freshman out there and he has succumbed pretty bad in a lot of instances to pressure, but I feel like our team has a better chance of being successful on offense with him on the floor. And yes his defense is hit-and-miss, so are a lot of others on the team.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I also hope that Noah proves to have staying power after a nice game against UCF but a couple you are “crowning” him earlier than I’m willing to. We have seen moments or more accurately games (multiple games) where each of our freshmen have shown that they are talented and against UCF each of our Frosh showed talented moments (excluding DG). Noah isn’t the reason we defeated UCF last night but he was one of the reasons or better said a part of the secret sauce. If we point to a surprise last night, One would have to point to Noah. However, the player who sparked us last night in our win with his outside shooting was Eric S. Noah’s play was promising but we need to see him play that way several games to prove himself. Eric played like he did earlier when he led us to a 15-1 start to our year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              I also hope that Noah proves to have staying power after a nice game against UCF but a couple you are “crowning” him earlier than I’m willing to.
              Man I must have missed the post where he was crowned anything. What posts are you referring to?

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Welcome to the party NF!! So glad to see you shine...

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Man I must have missed the post where he was crowned anything. What posts are you referring to?
                  Might have been a 'crash and burn' post...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Noah impressed the staff over the summer and into the fall but got hurt and had to sit for a long time, and that's tough for a under-developed (for high D1) PG to overcome. He's struggled in the limited minutes so far this year, then HCGM mentions more injuries he's been battling.

No doubt his talent and upside showed last night. Now it's consistency that he must show to maintain those minutes but you've got to love the way he moves the ball for the most part.

Comment

I’m just glad 3G had the gumption to make the move that he did and give Noah a shot. Now it’s up to Noah to do something with this opportunity.

Comment

Noah has the tools, maybe not a D-1 build yet. Time and experience will probably get the job done.

Comment

There are a lot of successful D1 PG's who aren't big. They are quick and sneaky. I thought Fernandez looked pretty good. The ball didn't stick in his hands, there was less dribbling back and forth, and he was attempting to break down the D by exploring how the D would react to attempts to penetrate. He was finding the open guys when help D moved.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Noah moves quicker than Sherfield and Burton. It could be effective in changing up the rythm of the game to have a compliment of PGs with different styles and habits.

Similar to how we could throw in Demetric Williams in spurts, even though he was a 2. That dude was quick.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I just saw the box score this morning. Our team assists were up as I expected with 19 out of 30 baskets. However, I was surprised That 85% if our assists came from 3 of our players. Grant S. Led with 6, followed by Eric and Dexter with 5 each. I would have thought that Noah would have more than 2 and JB more than one. No one else had an assist.

Comment

I predict this thread will turn into a ‘Noah-it-all’ thread like most of them do.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X