Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Lineup I’d like to see: 1. Noah 2. JB 3. Dexter 4. Jamie 5. Mo or AM
    that’s some size and still have 2 PGs on the floor. Our rebounding would improve and I think with 2 bigs setting screens it would open things up a lot more. Bring Erik off the bench for some scoring once the other team starts getting winded and Grant can come in for either Noah or JB. I feel like one of the reasons we have trouble getting JE the ball is that we have no other threats in the lane.
    So what happens with ETN? Yes, his last 5 games from 3 (5-21) have not been up to what we've seen earlier, but he still leads the team in 3pt% (39.2) and it's not close (JB 34% / ES 33.8%). GS is not a 3pt threat at 26% and, so far, neither is NF (3-17, 18%) which puts more pressure on the others on the floor. Yes, I know ETN is not a "pure" PG but where's his minutes? Also, ETN is 2nd in FT% at 79% and of the top 7 players in minutes, he has the lowest TO per game (0.9).

I'm not sold on JE at the 4. From the 5, he doesn't pass back out well and holds the ball too long. From the 4, he does those two things also and you can add his scary dribbling. Mo fouls way too much to get serious minutes and AM is not a good matchup with more mobile centers. What little I remember of JE playing the 4, he also stayed pretty much around the 3 pt area.

I like TW, but he too has some bad matchups. Where that's not a problem, he does quite well I believe. DG is not a scorer at this time, but it looks to me that he could give a solid 7-10 minutes per game at the 4.

This team has reasonably good depth. Sometimes, it a matter of matchups. Other times, it's finding who has the hot hands and/or energy. Outside of JE, maybe JB, I'm not sure we have a "starting 5".

Comment

• Fair counterpoint. TE should come off the bench for additional firepower from the 3, plus his defense is solid. If Noah can give 3G a reason to keep himself in the rotation, our 4 spot becomes the biggest position of concern. I like Wade, he's a good rotation player, but his offense and defense is just average. If he was grabbing more rebounds and/or blocking shots (like a Rashard), we could live with it, but he's not really doing anything at a high level. I'm just thinking JE may provide even more rebounding and shot blocking on defense if we had another legit big down low to help him out.

Comment

• Noah had an okay game. I think he has a lot of upside but in no way do I believe he has earned the starting spot...…...yet.
        GS also had a pretty nice game last night with 6 assists, in fact, there were many contributors last night. Noah starting had
        nothing to do with the outcome. The whole team did, but he did make a statement that he is now in the mix of things.
        Let's see how he performs against the critical games of Cincy, Memphis and SMU on the road. Need to win at least one
        of those and all the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

**** no, that's not what I am saying
          lol

i have no idea how he interpreted your original remarks the way he did. I re-read it thinking I missed something

Comment

• Does anyone know why the replay isn’t on ESPN?
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Does anyone know why the replay isn’t on ESPN?
              I hate all game replays. I've watched them over and over, the scores always come out the same. I think Vegas has the fix in.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

lol

i have no idea how he interpreted your original remarks the way he did. I re-read it thinking I missed something
                Re read my statement toward the bottom wher I answered his statement that we needed a “New Beginning” as the reason for Noah’s start. Maybe not artfully stated but I thought it was obvious why Noah started. We hit rock bottom and Marshall was going to drastic measures.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  Noah had an okay game. I think he has a lot of upside but in no way do I believe he has earned the starting spot...…...yet.
                  GS also had a pretty nice game last night with 6 assists, in fact, there were many contributors last night. Noah starting had
                  nothing to do with the outcome. The whole team did, but he did make a statement that he is now in the mix of things.
                  Let's see how he performs against the critical games of Cincy, Memphis and SMU on the road. Need to win at least one
                  of those and all the others.
                  At this point I think who starts and grabs more minutes is mainly indicative of attitude.

Comment

• Gregg Marshall Postgame

Comment

• As someone mentioned, ES is usually "on" for several games at a time. Obviously he has the ability to be a consistent contributor so it has to be a mental thing. Hope he can get tough enough to work that out.

This game the first the entire year, that I recall, when a player stole the ball for a break away shot and instead of taking it to the basket himself, actually passed to a teammate before the shot was taken. it happened several times in this game. That is very positive.

Comment

• Several thoughts from recent comments....
                        -Noah plays hard and he passes... good staring point
                        - I’m a big Tyson fan... actually I really like most of these kids as players ... love his energy and agree with his numbers
                        - grant perplexes me... great skill set but the game slows down when he’s in
                        - I don’t get the Poor Bear thing...
                        - felt Dexter deferred too much last night
                        - felt Gregg looked much more relaxed

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          Several thoughts from recent comments....
                          -Noah plays hard and he passes... good staring point.
                          - I’m a big Tyson fan... actually I really like most of these kids as players ... love his energy and agree with his numbers
                          - grant perplexes me... great skill set but the game slows down when he’s in
                          - I don’t get the Poor Bear thing...
                          - felt Dexter deferred too much last night
                          - felt Gregg looked much more relaxed
                          -Noah plays hard. In past games, he fouled a lot. He passed the ball well this game.
                          -Agree on Tyson.
                          -Grant uses change of pace to his advantage (like he’s watched Fred before) but sometimes Is ineffective. I didn’t see that though against UCF. I like Noah because he has a different style. JB and Grant are too similar at point imo.
                          -Bob and Mike said that Poor Bear has a difficult time putting a game plan into the game (thinks too much or forgets).
                          -You’re probably right about Dexter. He for sure wasn’t as effective on offense.
                          -Agree about Gregg

Comment

• I saw players shooting earlier in the shot clock if they had an open shot from 3. Earlier I've seen a lot of passing out of an open look from 3. Sometimes "let's pass the ball 3 or 4 more times to see if we can get it to a post player" isn't as effective as "I'm wide open from 3 right now".

Probably a result of decision-making by young players getting better.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              I saw players shooting earlier in the shot clock if they had an open shot from 3. Earlier I've seen a lot of passing out of an open look from 3. Sometimes "let's pass the ball 3 or 4 more times to see if we can get it to a post player" isn't as effective as "I'm wide open from 3 right now".

Probably a result of decision-making by young players getting better.
                              They did everything I said they should do in the thread "Suppose this WAS your team, as coach..."

During the game, I'd have them speed the game up. They don't seem to operate very well in a half court offense. This also means a deeper bench. Anyone that has an open look should shoot the ball unless they see someone with a better shot.
                              I don't know about the psychologist part, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X