Wichita State at UCF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lineup I’d like to see: 1. Noah 2. JB 3. Dexter 4. Jamie 5. Mo or AM
    that’s some size and still have 2 PGs on the floor. Our rebounding would improve and I think with 2 bigs setting screens it would open things up a lot more. Bring Erik off the bench for some scoring once the other team starts getting winded and Grant can come in for either Noah or JB. I feel like one of the reasons we have trouble getting JE the ball is that we have no other threats in the lane.

Comment

• I'm trying to imagine the thought process that suddenly takes a kid from the end of the bench and suddenly starts him and gives him 25 minutes.

Comment

• “I just kept thinking this is when preparation meets opportunity,” Fernandes said.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Win yesterday moved us up to 47 in NET (from 50)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I'm trying to imagine the thought process that suddenly takes a kid from the end of the bench and suddenly starts him and gives him 25 minutes.
            Probably something like .. "We just had our worst loss in 17 years and no one looked like they wanted to play. Let's try something different"

Comment

• We are still ranked 12/9 in Defensive Efficiency at KenPom and Torvik, respectively. That's damn impressive.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Probably something like .. "We just had our worst loss in 17 years and no one looked like they wanted to play. Let's try something different"
                Post game Marshall said NF has been dealing with injuries most of the year... preseason and then most recently a deep bone bruise. He's finally healthy and I'm sure showing something in practice. That's the part that drives me nuts about Shockernet… the majority of us have no flippin' idea how they are performing in 'practice'. Yes, I know...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm trying to imagine the thought process that suddenly takes a kid from the end of the bench and suddenly starts him and gives him 25 minutes.
                  So it sounds like you may be saying that the only variable to winning yesterday was inserting Noah into the lineup, and if it had been done earlier, the season would have gone differently? There is just no evidence for that. It's not like Noah hadn't had opportunities before. While many of his opportunities for game action were small, he sometimes played very poorly, and at other times, he played so so at best.

I've always said that all teams has it's ups and downs during every season. This season takes it to extremes because the moutaintop was 15-1 (there were upward and downward trends during the 15-1 but most of it was good) and then we went 2-5 (where we didn't play well at Temple but our losses to Tulsa, and Cincy could have gone either way and were extremely damaging on a young teams psychie) but the two games against Houston were where we hit "rock bottom". The 43 point loss was when the team had to have a NEW Beginning.

Hopefully, the trend continues to go in a upward trajectory and Noah continues to build on his nice game.

Comment

• Thats how to play like a team....... All road wins are great wins.!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      But isn't that like dating two hot chicks at the same time. Talk about exciting...you wouldn't know which one was going to show up.
                      I once dated 3 hot chicks at the same time. Talk about lucky me...at least until the alarm woke me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        Thats how to play like a team....... All road wins are great wins.!
                        Crazy $hit happens on the road (as we know, even at home); a 'wins a win' at this point in the season and a 17 point road win was therapy for my 'achy breaky heart'...

Oh, and 'Happy Valentines Day' to all Shockernetters… hope your dreams come true.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I once dated 3 hot chicks at the same time. Talk about lucky me...at least until the alarm woke me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So it sounds like you may be saying that the only variable to winning yesterday was inserting Noah into the lineup, and if it had been done earlier, the season would have gone differently? There is just no evidence for that. It's not like Noah hadn't had opportunities before. While many of his opportunities for game action were small, he sometimes played very poorly, and at other times, he played so so at best.

I've always said that all teams has it's ups and downs during every season. This season takes it to extremes because the moutaintop was 15-1 (there were upward and downward trends during the 15-1 but most of it was good) and then we went 2-5 (where we didn't play well at Temple but our losses to Tulsa, and Cincy could have gone either way and were extremely damaging on a young teams psychie) but the two games against Houston were where we hit "rock bottom". The 43 point loss was when the team had to have a NEW Beginning.

Hopefully, the trend continues to go in a upward trajectory and Noah continues to build on his nice game.
                            **** no, that's not what I am saying

Comment

**** no, that's not what I am saying
                              Is your statement that good that you need to put asterisks by it?

Comment

• I remember once in an earlier universe, when I took a stab at coaching hoops, we had a starting lineup that was besed on need and skillset...but entitlement crept in(I was a young coach, did not deal with it well) and in one game, I replaced a starter with a less experienced player who lead us to a come from behind win. Instead of being thrilled with the outcome, the replaced starter burst into tears because she had not been on the court.

This is NOT a parallel story by any means, except that sometimes we ALL may feel entitled...

Comment

Working...
                                X