No announcement yet.

Wichita State at UCF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve said this before, but Erik reminds me a bit of McDuffie. Really high upside but can also look like the worst player on the court. Both guys can lead the team in scoring by simply playing within the the flow of the game. Both guys can also look like dog crap when they start thinking they have to carry the team and press to do too much. Just keep playing in control and take what the defense gives.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      A couple of quick thoughts:
      —grant DOES have the longest leash and the ball still dies in his hands
      - thought Jamie was very pedestrian tonight based on what he has been recently
      -apparently Gregg DOES read Shockernet .... many suggestions followed
      Yes great job starting that thread!!

Comment

• Gregg might read the thread but I’m sure he doesn’t look at it for advice...

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
          Didn’t expect a 17 point road win.
          UCF is in 10th place in the conference for a reason. They're not that good. The reason they kept it close here was we fouled too much.

Comment

• 1. When shots go in, you look better
            2. Not an overwhelming start for Noah, but he belonged
            3. Jaime still struggles passing out of the doubleteam
            4. Orlando and Dawkins should be able to recruit better
            5. the guys are really gonna be cold steppin off the plane
            6. I wonder who starts Sunday?
            7. Not as impressed by Mark Adams as I used to be

Comment

• People complaining? We won by 17 and ES was on fire. Jeez tough crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Prediction: MrsHenryLevitt will not post tonight.
                She's more like Mrs. Phog Allen
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yes AM sets good screens. Sigh! Can he do anything else? Like grab a rebound, block a shot, and not get dunked on. How about run up the court fast. How about catch the ball. That would be good. We had several guys grab 8 rebounds tonight. Was he one of them? I am very glad our guys played like a TEAM tonight. Go Shocks.
                  To be fair to am, he got 3 rebounds in 8 minutes. That would project to 9 in 24 minutes. He usually gets good rebounds per minutes played.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I think a little bit of perspective is key. Wichita State just suffered it's worst loss in 17 years last game. 10th place or not, I'm not sure how you don't feel better after a 17 pt road win following that debacle.

Comment

• I was one of the delusional people who predicted a 10+ point win.

There's an expression of living in someone's head rent-free. Stevenson was living in his own head AND paying rent. I thought that after he had a chance to blow off some steam that he would play better. He surpassed better by a long ways. l respect him for turning himself around. I'll add that his grandfather was probably a stabilizing influence that he eventually needed after doing so well after his grandfather passed.

I also thought the embarrassment at Houston would push some buttons.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

assume not serious
                        Oh, my goodness...I would be SERIOUSLY worried if ANY D-1 coach took 'advice' from a message board...all in jest...

Comment

• This season is like dating a really hot but very bipolar chick.
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• But isn't that like dating two hot chicks at the same time. Talk about exciting...you wouldn't know which one was going to show up.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              But isn't that like dating two hot chicks at the same time. Talk about exciting...you wouldn't know which one was going to show up.
                              Exhausting!
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Hope we don't get as low as we did prior to last night's game again, however, that's a game we should win and we did.
                                Just as Houston wasn't the best team to have to play after two heart breakers UCF with their small line up WAS the best
                                conference team we could have played following the beat down and team funk. We started a very small starting five last night but
                                won't be able to get away with that by the time we travel to Cincy. There is still some fixing to do. I was very pleased with the
                                ball movement and 19 assists. We hit some shots but were still very weak at getting the ball into the post with position to
                                score. Everyone seemed to make positive contributions last night and that is what it takes. Hope we can sustain and build on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X