Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suppose this WAS your team, as coach....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppose this WAS your team, as coach....

....what would you do as coach to turn this around? Everyone has thoughts, but what would you implement?

In my infinite wisdom, I'd:
    -lengthen the bench....keep everyone's heels hot
    -bench guards who don't pass quickly
    -keep my posts close to the basket

Oh, yeah...listen to the fans more...:)

Have a broader and shallower array of offensive sets.
    Have a simple zone, zone press and a junk defense, with very few wrinkles.
    Let players play through mistakes, but instabench for lapses in effort.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

that's a good start

Comment

I would insert Stevenson back into the starting lineup, move Dexter to the four and allow Trey Wade to come off the bench. I know this may sound crazy because ES hasn't been doing anything well, but the team played it's best when he was playing well and vice versa.

Comment

Try to fix the team psyche. I’m sure 3G has already tried this though...

Comment

I think if ”experts” from the forum coached the team it would be worse than the Mike Cohen days

‘that is all’

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              ....what would you do as coach to turn this around? Everyone has thoughts, but what would you implement?

Last year the team was slipping down a slippery slope. Marshall eased up from his normal ty antics and the team started winning. Was there a lesson in there some where?
              Have the kids lost respect for him and the way he coaches?Are they operating out of fear instead? I doubt it’sat the same level of severity. But do you remember mrs Adams?
              we have a different breed of kids these days. And not just the ones on our team. They expect and hope for a certain level of respect.
              playing with fear causes tightness and sometimes resentment. I’d chill out a bit and try a different mental and emotional approach with the players.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

We are who we are and we are what we are at this point in the season. Hard to make overhauls now.

But I would have lengthened the bench, or kept it deep, like it was in December. Especially Gordon. I know he's raw and doesn't get the system, but 5-10 MPG with him at the point on the press are minutes this former (bad junior high) coach liked. Noah and Asbjorn too with a little Poor Bear mixed in. I think the team is fatigued right now and likely not to get fresh anytime soon.

But I trust our coach to find a way out of this mess. Nobody is paying me diddly to figure it out......and that's exactly what I'm worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post

Last year the team was slipping down a slippery slope. Marshall eased up from his normal ty antics and the team started winning. Was there a lesson in there some where?
                  Have the kids lost respect for him and the way he coaches?Are they operating out of fear instead? I doubt it’sat the same level of severity. But do you remember mrs Adams?
                  we have a different breed of kids these days. And not just the ones on our team. They expect and hope for a certain level of respect.
                  playing with fear causes tightness and sometimes resentment. I’d chill out a bit and try a different mental and emotional approach with the players.
                  I don't remember Mrs Adams and I dunno what ty antics are

Comment

I like the longer bench too, but I would press at least 30 minutes. Not man press, the hard trapping zone press. If that means we play more zone d so be it. We rarely push the pace also. Run more and get back on d better.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I don't remember Mrs Adams and I dunno what ty antics are
                      Ty antics was a misprint take out the ty. Mrs Adams was our former women’s basketball coach. Who was fired for berating they kids. The last I heard she was at one of the area high schools and not the head coach.

Comment

If this were my team, this would probably capture my feelings...

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

During the game, I'd have them speed the game up. They don't seem to operate very well in a half court offense. This also means a deeper bench. Anyone that has an open look should shoot the ball unless they see someone with a better shot.

Outside of the game, they should all see a psychologist, either as a team or individually to see what's going on in their thought processes. Whatever it is, it is affecting the whole team.
                          Last edited by 1979Shocker; February 10, 2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

We are horrible in the half court offense. Horrible. Press and use the defense to try and create offense. If they blow through our press and win 90-70 then so be it but doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is becoming tiresome. Hopefully putting up 43 points will inspire some sort of change.

Comment

Sorry, too good to resist (NSFW)

The Assman

Comment

Working...
                              X