Another nice mention on espn.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another nice mention on espn.com

Andy Katz sits down with Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan to talk about his decision to announce his pending retirement.

3.- I love these quotes: " ....falling at Wichita State is no joke. I’d love to see how many Top 25 teams could go into Wichita State and win."

".... Would an undefeated power six team that beat North Carolina be dropped out of the poll for losing at Wichita State? Doubt it."

Nice :good:
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Katz showin some luv, gotta luv it!:pirate:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

His pre-game upset pick of the Shocks over UNLV made Katz look good and the win made us look good as well. Plus, it never hurts the program to make a sportscaster look good.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
          http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...z-3-point-shot

".... Would an undefeated power six team that beat North Carolina be dropped out of the poll for losing at Wichita State? Doubt it."
          The sad thing about this quote, is that they DID drop out of the rankings. Right now, UNLV is ranked 26th in both polls. No longer a top 25 team. Oh and guess what? Not a single vote for the Shockers. smh...

Comment

Originally posted by T_Mayfield View Post
            The sad thing about this quote, is that they DID drop out of the rankings. Right now, UNLV is ranked 26th in both polls. No longer a top 25 team. Oh and guess what? Not a single vote for the Shockers. smh...
            That was the whole point of his quote....

Comment

Too bad we can't get more Top 25 teams to come in and play.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                Too bad we can't get more Top 25 teams to come in and play.
                You have to earn that. Consistent performance in RPI and getting to the Dance over several years. If a quality team is going to come here to play, particularly Koch, they want the comfort of knowing that if they lose, it will be a quality loss, and if they win, a big boost. Not many mid majors schools, including MWC, Atl-10, and C-USA, get that kind of respect.

Comment

Another nice mention on ESPN

College hoops polls might be inconsequential noise, but that doesn't make them any less fun to argue about. In that spirit, I present the creatively named "Poll Thoughts," which you can expect every Monday until the season is over.

About 3/4 down in talk about teams dropping out of rankings.

Comment

"They lost to a good Wichita State team in a brutal building."

I love that so much.
                    Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Working...
                    X