Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS non-BCS Power Pyramid

Did you notice he said UNI will make the tourney
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

And the Temple Owls and Rebels are also on the pyramid...so two quality losses, two quality wins (I'm going to include Colorado as a good win) for the Shockers.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        And the Temple Owls and Rebels are also on the pyramid...so two quality losses, two quality wins (I'm going to include Colorado as a good win) for the Shockers.
        I was with you buddy.... right until you counted Colorado (lost to Colorado State whose 2nd to last in MWest). The UNLV win was REALLY solid. A win against Tulsa would be your second quality win.

Comment

Kind of a snarky response if you ask me, for someone that claims to "come in peace". Seems to me both "your" program and "our" program have the same number of quality wins, one.

Comment

Notice that I had to mention the inclusion of Colorado as a good win in parentheses as I know that is debatable. It is a BCS win none-the-less and Colorado State has lost three games; Stanford, @ UNI, and Southern Miss. In state rivalry and the jury is out on if Colorado State will be decent this year.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Can't wait to play Creighton. Effing hate those shiteheads.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Kind of a snarky response if you ask me, for someone that claims to "come in peace". Seems to me both "your" program and "our" program have the same number of quality wins, one.
                No snarkiness intended. Just stating I wouldn't put the worst B12/mid Pac12 team as a quality win. Its a nice win, as any win against a BCS would be, but not chest thumping worthy. Like I said in my post, a win in Tulsa would be quality. Creighton would be quality. Personally after watching the UNLV game, WSU should run the Valley. I know it wont happen, but after seeing the level your team can play at anything less would be a disappointment.

Comment

You should know that conference road games especially can't be taken for granted, and you obviously haven't seen Creighton play. They are really good.

And I'm pretty sure everyone (or most everyone) here understands that anything less than perfection doesn't equate disappointment.

Again with the unrealistic expectations I mentioned earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    You should know that conference road games especially can't be taken for granted, and you obviously haven't seen Creighton play. They are really good.

And I'm pretty sure everyone (or most everyone) here understands that anything less than perfection doesn't equate disappointment.

Again with the unrealistic expectations I mentioned earlier.
                    I'm sure I've seen Crieghton play more than most KU fans, and potentially more than some WSU fans. Born and raised here in ICT and am well aware of WSU's sports tradition and rivalries.

With that said, my point still stands. You just watched your team play lights out. Play like a top 10 team in the country. Knowing your team is capable of that I don't see how running through a conference of unranked opponents is out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
                      I'm sure I've seen Crieghton play more than most KU fans, and potentially more than some WSU fans. Born and raised here in ICT and am well aware of WSU's sports tradition and rivalries.

With that said, my point still stands. You just watched your team play lights out. Play like a top 10 team in the country. Knowing your team is capable of that I don't see how running through a conference of unranked opponents is out of the question.
                      Except that one of the conference opponents IS ranked. Granted, if we played like we did against UNLV, we should handle Creighton at home. Also, UNI looks to be improving, and although InSU doesn't have any big wins like WSU or CU, they could be trouble on the road this year.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Like I said in my post, a win in Tulsa would be quality.
                        Why? They will be a mid-120's RPI team playing in a conference that isn't really any better than P12. Only real quality I see is it is a chance to get a road win.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                          Except that one of the conference opponents IS ranked. Granted, if we played like we did against UNLV, we should handle Creighton at home. Also, UNI looks to be improving, and although InSU doesn't have any big wins like WSU or CU, they could be trouble on the road this year.
                          I agree that Creighton will be one helluva test. Hell even if they drop both to Creighton, split with UNI, ending the conference run with only 3 losses is do-able and should be your expectation.

Comment

I agree that Creighton will be one helluva test. Hell even if they drop both to Creighton, split with UNI, ending the conference run with only 3 losses is do-able and should be your expectation.
                            Hell no. I am not setting an expectation to lose twice to Creighton. They are that good, but there is no expectation to drop two to them.

A loss to ISUb, Creighton, and one of either Missouri State and/or UNI on the road are not unreasonable. Those teams are gonna get "up" for the game against us. It's just too early to tell really.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Hell no. I am not setting an expectation to lose twice to Creighton. They are that good, but there is no expectation to drop two to them.

A loss to ISUb, Creighton, and one of either Missouri State and/or UNI on the road are not unreasonable. Those teams are gonna get "up" for the game against us. It's just too early to tell really.
                              Apologies for not making my post clear. I wasn't asking you to assume two losses to Creighton. I was merely stating 3 conference losses should be expectation.

Comment

Working...
                              X