Shocker anthem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker anthem?

Someone tweeted this link and said it was played during a timeout yesterday. I wasn't there so I can't confirm.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

I'm pretty sure it was playing during the pregame warmups. Not sure about whether it was played during a timeout as well.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

It was played during a timeout. I remember thinking to myself ... wow .. they're rappin' about the Shockers! I'd never heard it before.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Someone tweeted this link and said it was played during a timeout yesterday. I wasn't there so I can't confirm.

http://soundcloud.com/premo316/the-shockers-anthem
        They usually play it 40 or 50 minutes before the game starts and I always wondered why they never played it during the game, but they finally played it during a timeout.

Comment

I dig it!

"Let's Go Shockers, Lets Go!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Is anybody concerned about the lyrics saying something along the lines of "black and gold not black and yellow"?
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I noticed that too...

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Is anybody concerned about the lyrics saying something along the lines of "black and gold not black and yellow"?
                I noticed that too. I wonder if that is a direct reference to that other song "Black and Yellow" that is about the Pittsburgh Steelers (although there is a Shocker Remix of that song).

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  I noticed that too. I wonder if that is a direct reference to that other song "Black and Yellow" that is about the Pittsburgh Steelers (although there is a Shocker Remix of that song).
                  That's what I assumed.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

It still won't fly with a number of fans who absolutely despise people calling it gold instead of yellow.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Our Alma Mater says "yellow and the black", but the fight song says "black and gold"... apparently we are both.

Comment

I've made that argument in the past. Some still make a big stink about it. I find the debate slightly humorous
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                        X