Clear All

• Wichita State vs Central Florida Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE VS CENTRAL FLORIDA
    When: JAN 25 (SAT) 7:00 P.M.
    Where: WICHITA, KAN. CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: ESPNU

Summary:
    The Central Florida Knights men's basketball team were voted, to finish ninth out of 12 teams for the upcoming 2019-20 season preseason poll. The Knights enjoyed their best season in program history a year ago, winning 24 games, earning their first at-large berth to the NCAA Tournament, and securing the program's first NCAA Tournament win, defeating VCU in the first round last March. The Knights brought in a pair of graduate transfers, Dazon Ingram, a long and strong point guard from Alabama, and Matt Milon, a three-point sniper from William & Mary,. Returning veterans Collin Smith, Ceasar DeJesus and Frank Bertz will be relied on in key roles once again this winter, having had success with the Knights last season and the year before in the case of DeJesus. The UCF Knights (11-7) , American Athletic (2-4) will have the entire week off to prepare for the Shockers, so they should be well rested and organized for the game.

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: WS by 10.0
    DRatings: WSU 86% by 14.0
    ESPN: WSU 86%
    INCCSTATS: WSU 84% by 10.0
    KenPom: WSU 83% by 11.0
    Massey: WSU 84% by 11.0
    Nolan: WSU by 12.0
    Sagarin: WSU by 10.8
    Torvik: WSU 88% by 10.9
    Wilson: WSU 86% by 14.0
    Shocks Win by 10+
    54.35%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    28.26%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    10.87%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    4.35%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    2.17%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 25, 2020, 07:15 AM. Reason: Updated Prediction Models

UCF Knight - Sir Render = 64

WuDragon Breath = 83

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

I just hope to see the Shocks running much more smoothly and increasing their miles to the gallon.,
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 23, 2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Time for ES, JB, and DD to have a big game during the same game!

More NF and a little less GS...they both need the practice.

Comment

I'm thinking the team needs to embark on a Native American rite called a "Vision Quest". It was done in different ways but in essence it was to put the person in touch with a guardian spirit. Once the presence or sign was seen and the individual had realized his direction in life he returned to the tribe to pursue their life's journey. Of course maybe just a good old fashioned kegger would work as well. I realize this is in violation to laws concerning underage consumption but the drinking age was 18 when I went to the "U"

Comment

Go Louuden Swain !

Comment

Shox by a lot!
              Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                I'm thinking the team needs to embark on a Native American rite called a "Vision Quest". It was done in different ways but in essence it was to put the person in touch with a guardian spirit. Once the presence or sign was seen and the individual had realized his direction in life he returned to the tribe to pursue their life's journey. Of course maybe just a good old fashioned kegger would work as well. I realize this is in violation to laws concerning underage consumption but the drinking age was 18 when I went to the "U"
                Spent my time at the “U” during the prohibition days, but Ross and I still found a way to sip some barley and hops (we called it giggle water back in our day), chase the bearcats with the big bubs and get some whoopee... always took some edge off the daily grind. Seldom did we go on a toot or get ossified and we always stayed away from the panther piss (too much whiskey would get us the icy mitts with the Sheba’s). Forgot where I was going with this and I’m sure you’re thinking this is a bunch of ‘phonus balonus’.

Go Shocks! Just win!!

P.S. Sheba's - those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.

Last edited by WstateU; January 24, 2020, 10:09 AM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We have two native Americans on the team. Poor Bear puts his heritage on the back of his jersey and Echenique looks like he has the name, but not the ancestry of any Europeans.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The good news is that we match up with UCF size wise, I think that’s been one of our biggest issues the past few games.

Comment

KenPom has WSU 69-58 (83%).

Comment

I'm thinking the team needs to embark on a Native American rite called a "Vision Quest". It was done in different ways but in essence it was to put the person in touch with a guardian spirit.
                        Mainly I think it was a clever way for the elders to get the "freshman" to gather them a bunch of peyote to "celebrate" his vision quest. Pretty good racket, really.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Mainly I think it was a clever way for the elders to get the "freshman" to gather them a bunch of peyote to "celebrate" his vision quest. Pretty good racket, really.
                          Tony Robbins thinks so.

Comment

I am expecting better ball movement / team play which should result in better shooting. I am expecting a little
                            longer bench and I am expecting a 70-60 win. I do NOT expect a literal slugfest like what happened up north.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Tony Robbins thinks so.
                              Ouch!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X