Wichita State (#16) vs Houston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    We pass the ball around plenty, it’s just that the guy receiving the pass is immediately smothered and doesn’t have the ability to recognize an open teammate or do anything meaningful with their dribbling. As such, when certain guys get the ball it’s like their frustrated with lack of action that they decide to just try to do something one on one - several guys are guilty of this. Then they get in the lane, have defenders collapse around them and have no clue what to do other than throw up a wild shot. Noah was the only guy looking for a teammate in these situations.
    We need to work on what to do when getting doubled in the post. It's going to be in the opponents gameplans going forward. If you have 2 people on you.... SOMEONE IS OPEN

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      We pass the ball around plenty, it’s just that the guy receiving the pass is immediately smothered and doesn’t have the ability to recognize an open teammate or do anything meaningful with their dribbling. As such, when certain guys get the ball it’s like their frustrated with lack of action that they decide to just try to do something one on one - several guys are guilty of this. Then they get in the lane, have defenders collapse around them and have no clue what to do other than throw up a wild shot. Noah was the only guy looking for a teammate in these situations.
      The guy receiving the ball usually dribbles three times

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We need to work on what to do when getting doubled in the post. It's going to be in the opponents gameplans going forward. If you have 2 people on you.... SOMEONE IS OPEN
        Very True but that open person needs to get to a passing lane or break to the basket, seemed there was a lot of standing around.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

The guy receiving the ball usually dribbles three times
          Three dribbles and missed dunks...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Jans wasn't on the sideline when the Shocks beat the Chickens. Nor was Cle Early. How'd that happen?
            But it was a different set of assistants, plus most of the guards of the Final Four team. Watched Jans and his New Mexico State team just about beat Kansas in Allen last year or the year before. It was pretty obvious that Jans had a fairly close rapport with his team. Marshall, on the other hand, may do things right and seems to be a decent guy, but one thing he isn't is close to the team. He is distant... and that is problematic. Just my opinion but among other things Marshall needs to retool his relationship with the players...of course that is much easier said than done.
            Last edited by N Crestway; January 21, 2020, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Why is this KU fan still allowed to be spouting off here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                Why is this KU fan still allowed to be spouting off here?
                You want to ban me? Why don't you criticize what I said...take my argument apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

But it was a different set of assistants, plus most of the guards of the Final Four team. Watched Jans and his New Mexico State team just about beat Kansas in Allen last year or the year before. It was pretty obvious that Jans had a fairly close rapport with his team. Marshall, on the other hand, may do things right and seems to be a decent guy, but one thing he isn't is close to the team. He is distant... and that is problematic. Just my opinion but among other things Marshall needs to retool his relationship with the players...of course that is much easier said than done.
                  Huh?

Did he or did he not prove he could coach, against what I presume you believe to be a good team, without Jans on the sideline, and a 6'7" post? You didn't mention Wessel, who didn't play on the final 4 team. Who coached him up?

I won't bother with your argument because: how do you know he's not close to the team? When the players' parents are in town, or even Marcus Camby, you don't think they share in the team dinners? Don't presume an answer because it's just a redundant question.

How'd his players look against ou and o-state? Distant? That wasn't too long ago... Although it might seem like it admittedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Uhhhh no idea how you came up with that idea ... just because he yells at his players on the court doesn't mean he isn't close to them. Just means he holds them accountable. Something KU doesn't know how to do.

Comment

• N Crestway here is your rebuttal. HCGM is an ass when he needs to be and once in a while when he doesn’t need to be just due to old habit. But he is far less of an ass than he was at Winthrop or when he started here. Ask Tyson Waterman or Elton Wooten (the father of one of his first PGs) if that statement is true. Kids are different, he has adjusted somewhat by engaging more with them outside of basketball. He has to be distant enough to separate that line between palling around and coaching. Yes we miss CJs basketball mind as well as Forbes, GH and Grant, but the relationships between Asst Coaches and players, as far as I know, is not an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Three dribbles and missed dunks...

WState,
                        You gotta stop with this ****. I lose focus on what point anyone with sense was trying to make.
                        I said it before...you are one funny sum batch!

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          N Crestway here is your rebuttal. HCGM is an ass when he needs to be and once in a while when he doesn’t need to be just due to old habit. But he is far less of an ass than he was at Winthrop or when he started here. Ask Tyson Waterman or Elton Wooten (the father of one of his first PGs) if that statement is true. Kids are different, he has adjusted somewhat by engaging more with them outside of basketball. He has to be distant enough to separate that line between palling around and coaching. Yes we miss CJs basketball mind as well as Forbes, GH and Grant, but the relationships between Asst Coaches and players, as far as I know, is not an issue.
                          Lax,
                          Accurate and spot on points.
                          If the KU tool now doesn't have a clear view of what's going on, he never will.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                          X