No announcement yet.

Wichita State (#16) vs Houston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't blame the players. Coach 'em up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Too much 1on1 garbage, little to no ball movement, horrible shot selection, waiting too long to shoot, effortless rebounding, etc. Those are the issues associated with this team right now. I have seen zero adjustments made from loss 2 to loss 3 in consecutive games. The team just went through the motions and it didn't seem like the cared one ****. Do they not understand that is how you blow NCAA possibilities? Pretty much the entire team has now gotten ahold of the selfish disease. Dribble, dribble, shoot. If they don't start caring more about assists than they do their individual scoring, you might as well lock this team up for the NIT right now.

And yes, Marshall is the one allowing it to happen. He needs to make some adjustments too. We aren't playing Abilene Christian and Texas Southern anymore.
      Are you CBB_fan?

Sounds about the same.

Kung Wu
      I went back and found no positive posts during our wins from you. Instead nothing but highlighting everything bad. Maybe Kung Wu needs a bigger hammer.

They have won 15 games. Beaten Big 12 and SEC teams. Nothing positive to say, call out those who question our team, then do nothing but question our team.

Also, called out how grateful you were that he wasn’t at the game, due to his negativity, yet you weren’t at the game and just as negative.

CBB_FanShockerFever Are you the same person?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Remember when we used to play uptempo, vary our pressure, play a ton of guys in the first half, then the other team would wear down in the second half? Remember that?
        Marshall shortened the bench, see how that worked out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Are you CBB_fan?

Sounds about the same.

Kung Wu
          I went back and found no positive posts during our wins from you. Instead nothing but highlighting everything bad. Maybe Kung Wu needs a bigger hammer.

They have won 15 games. Beaten Big 12 and SEC teams. Nothing positive to say, call out those who question our team, then do nothing but question our team.

Also, called out how grateful you were that he wasn’t at the game, due to his negativity, yet you weren’t at the game and just as negative.

Not sure where this is coming from.

CBB_Fan showed up once in the middle of our first true game against Omaha, and then complete silence until these games: WVU, Temple, and now Houston. Yesterday, he thoroughly trashed the team and then said the fans should boo our players. That just isn't gonna fly with his posting pattern. But he only got a 7 day timeout because I still assume he's a legit WSU fan.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I was being a little flippant about NF and AM being the best players the point being practically no one showed up. I agree that
            JE was and has been our most valuable player and probably the most consistent. I am also not serious about playing too much
            zone but do believe there are game situations / line ups that might be more effective using one. I think you have to be able to adapt
            and I think we have the players that can. After being ranked 16 I think the team, and fans, got a little full of themselves. Time to
            get back to working harder than everyone else.

Comment

• If nothing else, NF, DG and AM showed that they should be part of the rotation. 3G needs to use all the weapons in the arsenal.

Comment

• Kung Wu For the record, the less we know about the size of your hammer, the better.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• the shockers have been a year ahead of schedule.. up until now.

so look for some more reality to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Are you CBB_fan?

Sounds about the same.

Kung Wu

Take your beef with Fever back to the Todd Butler thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Take your beef with Fever back to the Todd Butler thread.
                      Yep, still butthurt about the ol Louisiana boy finally getting the heave ho. I expect him to be sore for quite a while.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        Kung Wu For the record, the less we know about the size of your hammer, the better.
                        hahaha
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Sounds like the delay between Marshall getting from the locker room to the presser has less to do with his own stubbornness and more to do with the fact that he had a lot to discuss with the team. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here unless I hear otherwise.

There was one play about midway through the first half where Erik pump faked on a three, then drove into the lane and took a wildly ill-advised shot among the trees. He was bound and determined, not to look for a good shot, but to shoot the ball come hell or high water. I'm going to assume that's the kind of mentality Marshall discussed during the press conference, though I know that other players (JB in a similar play where he got stuffed at the rim and knocked the ball out of bounds) did the same on Saturday.

Again, it's not like all hope is lost or the season is doomed. But we have players that likely need to reign in the "attack always and get mine" attitude. That can work against a lesser team, but it doesn't work against teams like Houston who have great athletes at every position.

That was one other thing I noticed. Houston's forwards and bigs were much more mobile and capable of taking our forwards and bigs off the bounce if they needed to. Our bigs and forwards are just not capable of taking guys off the bounce. Even Trey Wade, although I like a lot of his game, isn't capable of doing that well, and certainly not against a good defensive squad like Houston.

Prospective transfer(s) for next season are becoming a little more evident.

Right now, Houston has to be the favorite to win the conference. They have DUDES. And Kelvin Sampson can still coach his *ss off.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I agree, but not sure those two plays were the reason we got down by 20. Not having any adjustments seemed to be the deal to me

Comment

• We pass the ball around plenty, it’s just that the guy receiving the pass is immediately smothered and doesn’t have the ability to recognize an open teammate or do anything meaningful with their dribbling. As such, when certain guys get the ball it’s like their frustrated with lack of action that they decide to just try to do something one on one - several guys are guilty of this. Then they get in the lane, have defenders collapse around them and have no clue what to do other than throw up a wild shot. Noah was the only guy looking for a teammate in these situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                Sounds like the delay between Marshall getting from the locker room to the presser has less to do with his own stubbornness and more to do with the fact that he had a lot to discuss with the team. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here unless I hear otherwise.

There was one play about midway through the first half where Erik pump faked on a three, then drove into the lane and took a wildly ill-advised shot among the trees. He was bound and determined, not to look for a good shot, but to shoot the ball come hell or high water. I'm going to assume that's the kind of mentality Marshall discussed during the press conference, though I know that other players (JB in a similar play where he got stuffed at the rim and knocked the ball out of bounds) did the same on Saturday.

Again, it's not like all hope is lost or the season is doomed. But we have players that likely need to reign in the "attack always and get mine" attitude. That can work against a lesser team, but it doesn't work against teams like Houston who have great athletes at every position.

That was one other thing I noticed. Houston's forwards and bigs were much more mobile and capable of taking our forwards and bigs off the bounce if they needed to. Our bigs and forwards are just not capable of taking guys off the bounce. Even Trey Wade, although I like a lot of his game, isn't capable of doing that well, and certainly not against a good defensive squad like Houston.

Prospective transfer(s) for next season are becoming a little more evident.

Right now, Houston has to be the favorite to win the conference. They have DUDES. And Kelvin Sampson can still coach his *ss off.
                                ALL of this....

Comment

Working...
                                X