Time Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Out!

I believe the reason Marshall doesn't call many time outs is since he plays so many guys we always have fresh legs on the floor. Calling a time out just gives the other team a chance to rest on our dime so to speak. Part of what the Shox do is wear other teams down.
    Trust me on this because I KNOW BASKETBALL! I actually played one on one (and defeated) the guy who invented the cross over dribble back in the early 70's.
    Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

In the state of Kansas, there are three extremes... one coach who seems to refuse to call timeouts, one coach who calls timeouts at the first sign of trouble, and one coach who as pears to not have a thing to say WHEN he calls a timeout!☺️

Comment

Couple points Double Dribble:
      1) Yea we can wear the other team down by not calling time outs, but that only works if you have a floor general out there to keep the troops in line (like Fred). It remains to be seen if we have that this year.
      2) You know good and well that when we played I was recovering from hemiroids due to an over consumption of burritos courtesy of Taco Shop. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to execute a stab step, rubber neck juke, followed by an explosive cross over that leaves a defender with a severely sprained ankle and a soiled panty when you have a roid the size of a golf ball hanging out of your bung?

I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Mr. Shoelace - can I please get your autograph sir? It needs to be on my wall with my fairly nice collection along with Jordan, Shaq, Carr, Livingston and the X-Man. Thank you kindly - AZ
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

hmmm... DD & TS posting at about the same time in one thread... “is this heaven?”, no it’s Shockernet.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That one was frameable

Comment

That one on one matchup (that no one has been witness to) must have been like the original Dream Team practice (i.e. the greatest game nobody ever saw). https://www.si.com/more-sports/2012/...ame-nobody-saw

Comment

How many times, when we had a good run, opposing coaches called a time out, and their teams stopped our runs? It worked like that many times. more often than not.
                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Great to see DD and Mr. Shoelace back on the same day. DD does know basketball and how to rescue FSF many moons ago when the Preacher Porkchop wanted my head on a platter right here on SN many moons ago. I'm hoping Tyrone keeps his burrito consumption to a mild roar if he is still husting one on one victims om the playground with that patented cross-over that is harder to defend than pulling hens teeth. How did DD pull out that upset but rare win verses TS? A win for the Shocks today would be finer than a frog hair and get our beloved Shocks back to build another win streak and add to our home winning streak.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
                    How many times, when we had a good run, opposing coaches called a time out, and their teams stopped our runs? It worked like that many times. more often than not.
                    Gregg Marshall has won 75% of the games he has coached since being at WSU

Comment

I think HC3GM doesn't call timeouts because he isn't like the other coach who is a pink panty wearing little pansy girl, that dreams of butterflies and paints pretty little flowers on frilly paper all day, and prances on his toes in leotards trying to show off his manly package; but is really just showing why he's a tights-wearing little girly coach whose pretty-boy four stars' mascara starts running at the first hint of getting scored on a few times in a row.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Gregg Marshall has won 75% of the games he has coached since being at WSU
                        That's why he thinks he's good. Question for you and those who think his calling time out is OK: Could the outcome be different if he called a time out when Temple made a 6-0 or a 8-0 run? We should debate on this rather than saying since he won 75%, then his use of time out should be good.
                        Last edited by T.VuOP; January 18, 2020, 12:18 PM.
                        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I think HC3GM doesn't call timeouts because he isn't like the other coach who is a pink panty wearing little pansy girl, that dreams of butterflies and paints pretty little flowers on frilly paper all day, and prances on his toes in leotards trying to show off his manly package; but is really just showing why he's a tights-wearing little girly coach whose pretty-boy four stars' mascara starts running at the first hint of getting scored on a few times in a row.
                          YEAH, WHAT HE SAID!!!

Comment

I don’t care if HCGM saves up timeouts like he bought them with pretax dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post

That's why he thinks he's good. Question for you and those who think his calling time out is OK: Could the outcome be different if he called a time out when Temple made a 6-0 or a 8-0 run? We should debate on this rather than saying since he won 75%, then his use of time out should be good.
                              There's not going to be a debate. A 75% win percentage is very good and to imply it's not is absurd. What it does tell you is he wins alot more than he loses. Should he call timeouts to "conventional" liking what is the percentage change we're looking at? Is it really something to concern any energy over when it's been S.O.P. since he took over the program and surely isn't going to change anytime soon?

Im not asking for you to answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X