No announcement yet.

Games of interest for week of Dec. 23rd - 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! What a finish to that game. SIU fans get a litte taste of what we've been dealing with for the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmanian Devil
      WOW! What a finish to that game. SIU fans get a litte taste of what we've been dealing with for the last few years.
      Bingo.

Just like us with our big heads last year, so it is the same with them this year.

That game was actually a pretty decent one to watch.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The shot was #1 on SportsCenter's Top 10

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Bingo.

Just like us with our big heads last year, so it is the same with them this year.

That game was actually a pretty decent one to watch.
          Feel free to pile on.
          I'll take the hit for all big-headed SIU fans.
          We're really not very good.

Comment

SIU didn't look HORRIBLE, but they still don't seem to have enough bullets in the gun so to speak. They will have a tough time beating good teams..especially on the road. They will still win their share at home.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I agree that SIU didn't look horrible but they missed the front end of back to back 1 and 1s.

(I was watching at Fox and Hound. Was there a lane violation called on the last 1 and 1?)

Comment

What about them Badgers beating Texas at Texas, with the sweet 3 at the end? FSF thought Texas would have won that home game. As the ole adage says. "It's never over till it's over.."
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

People have been predicting the demise of SIU for several years and SIU always prove them wrong. I for one am not going to leave them for dead yet.
                  Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                  Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

People have been predicting the demise of SIU for several years and SIU always prove them wrong. I for one am not going to leave them for dead yet.

I concur Capnkirk. Speaking of SIU, there were just mentioned as a Top 3 disappointment in the Nation thusfar on ESPN2 during the Kentucky-San Diego game. By the way Billy Gillispie's Wildcats are down 2 at the half-35-33. Yikes!!!

Comment

Kentucky is getting beat by #1 on San Diego's team ... Texas blew the game in the final minutes. There are some real good games on today.

They have been mentioning UAB a lot during the game, but have failed to mention WSU beating them.

Had some Eddie Sutton comments too ... lol

Comment

UNI-BU

UNI 25 Bradley 9 Half

Bradley shooting something like 16%

How much do they need Ruffin?

Comment

I had the game on TV while I was working on the computer, that was a very exciting and unbelievable finish.

I really thought SIU was going to pull it out. And they would have if they would have made their free throws. Missing the front ends of two straight 1-1s in the final minute is a killer.

I thought SIU played pretty well. I was suprised at how many 3s they made. For awhile I thought that their 3 point shooting was going to save the game for them.

The biggest disappointment for the Salukis had to be the play of Matt Shaw (the guy their fans way over-hyped when he signed with them 4 years ago).

Shaw was 0 for everything. Made no FGs, was something like 0 for 3 or 4 from 3 point line and made 0 free throws ( I think he was 0-2 from the line).

If Shaw (who averages 14 points a game this year) has just a so-so offensive game, SIU gets a win over a ranked team.

As it was, it took a miracle shot by Butler at the buzzer to win the game.
                          :wsu_posters:

Comment

Brandon Johnson, a penetrating guard that can also stroke the 3 just lit Kentucky up for 27. An inside player named Gyno Pomare who played well inside, and a walk-on Freshman that has been playing well. These players led a team that is now only 7-8 to a win at Kentucky who is now 5-6. The final score was 81-72.

Kentucky was not effective inside and more then willing to fire 3's at a dismal clip from the outside. Billy G. will need a few years to right this ship. Hopefully the Kentucky fans can be patient.

San Francisco(Coach Eddie Sutton) is in the same West Coast Conference as San Diego with the Zags.

Comment

LSU chokes away a double digit lead and losses at home to Wisc

Comment

Washinton?

Comment

Working...
                                X