Half-time shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-time shows

When did our halftime shows get this bad?
    DOFO

Good halftime shows cost money. We're in a recession.

Just a theory.

Comment

We can do better than some cheeseball trying to get people to sing Christmas carols.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
        When did our halftime shows get this bad?
        DOFO
        I noticed a change when the new administration took over.

I don't think WSU is being hit too hard with the economy, at least not WSU basketball.

What that was at halftime was beyond words. That was flat out embarrassing. I think anyone could say that any high school halftime out there would have been leaps and bounds ahead of what we witnessed at the game tonight. Truly frightful that the current regime thought that was a worthy halftime product.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Bring back the Red Panda!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Good halftime shows cost money. We're in a recession.

Just a theory.
            But they keep raising season ticket prices.... It was bad tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Good halftime shows cost money. We're in a recession. Just a theory.
              If they don't want to spend money, then just let the band play and let some kids scrimmage.

That was something you'd see at a assisted living facility.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Singing Christmas Carols might have worked better for a game right before or after Christmas. But certainly not on December 1st. I guess it could have been worse. The Anthem Trio could have been singing Christmas Carols.

As bad as it was, it still beats tha KDOT car thing they do. Can't tell you how excited I am to think about seeing that every game of the year. Is the point that if we all drive 2 mph that we will be safe drivers?

Doesn't have to be high cost entertainment. Surely we could find some co-eds that would be willing to mud wrestle for a chance to win a $100.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  If they don't want to spend money, then just let the band play and let some kids scrimmage.

That was something you'd see at a assisted living facility.
                  LOL, and agreed.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

How about playing some Roadrunner cartoons on the scoreboard. Beep, beep!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      How about playing some Roadrunner cartoons on the scoreboard. Beep, beep!
                      I would have taken that all night long compared to that abomination tonight.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I usually walk a few laps around the concourse so I don't have to put up with the "entertainment".

Comment

Bring back "Quick Change."

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            I usually walk a few laps around the concourse so I don't have to put up with the "entertainment".
                            I always indulge in popcorn, sodas, and conversation during halftime. Guess I missed "something" tonight.

--'85.
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                              I always indulge in popcorn, sodas, and conversation during halftime. Guess I missed "something" tonight.

--'85.
                              Me too. The only time I stay in my seat at half time is when they are honoring the baseball team or inducting the Shocker Hall of Fame members or something like that. I never stay for the "entertainment".

Comment

Working...
                              X