Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking

Hey all,

I haven't attended a game since before the innovation campus days, but will be attending the Houston game. Where's a good place to park these days for game day? Lol. Thought about going to the Cincinnati game, but I remember midweek games being a traffic/parking nightmare back in the day

The simplest parking is probably the cemetary across 21st where i think they charge $10.00.

Comment

If the weather is decent, you could actually try for the lot south of the softball stadium. I arrived at 5:30 yesterday and had no issues with finding a spot in that lot. It was nice weather for that little walk. No problem getting out afterwards either, though I did stick around the arena for a few minutes after the game to let the crowd clear.
      78-65

Comment

If you have time to get to the game early and eat a pre-game meal I would suggest you park in the lot adjacent to the south side of the Rhatigan Student Center. Get some grub and a soft drink or a beer at the Shocker Grill in the basement and watch some games on the TV, shoot some pool or bowl a game or 2.

You will probably want to start over to the Arena around 2:30 which should get you to your seats 10-15 minutes before tipoff. So you can back up your arrival time at the Shocker Grill from there. You should be fine if you get there by 1:30. I do this often on weekend afternoon games and my grandsons love it.

You also might want to check to see if the shuttle buses are running from Hughes Metropolitan Complex at 29th and Oliver. I am not sure what the pick up point is there but the drop of is at the entrance to the parking lots that is just southwest of the arena. About 1/2 block from the arena.

Comment

The shuttle from Braeburn should be operating.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            If you have time to get to the game early and eat a pre-game meal I would suggest you park in the lot adjacent to the south side of the Rhatigan Student Center. Get some grub and a soft drink or a beer at the Shocker Grill in the basement and watch some games on the TV, shoot some pool or bowl a game or 2.

You will probably want to start over to the Arena around 2:30 which should get you to your seats 10-15 minutes before tipoff. So you can back up your arrival time at the Shocker Grill from there. You should be fine if you get there by 1:30. I do this often on weekend afternoon games and my grandsons love it.

You also might want to check to see if the shuttle buses are running from Hughes Metropolitan Complex at 29th and Oliver. I am not sure what the pick up point is there but the drop of is at the entrance to the parking lots that is just southwest of the arena. About 1/2 block from the arena.
            The Rhatigan Student Center is awesome. The place has really changed since I was a student there. It looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

The Rhatigan Student Center is awesome. The place has really changed since I was a student there. It looks great.
              Might be a couple of places open in the food court upstairs as well on a Saturday such as Panda Express and Chik-Fil-A. But if you want to have a beer the Shocker Grill is your choice.

I know at one time the general public could also eat in the Shocker Hall dining facility which I did the 1st year it was open.

Personally I prefer the Shocker Grill food and the sports bar ambiance over the food court.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 10, 2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                The shuttle from Braeburn should be operating.
                I think the shuttle starts one hour before tip-off and runs for an hour after the game. Fuzzy's has good food and a great atmosphere (watch out for the WuShark) and there's also the new oriental restaurant... both great additions to Braeburn Square. They need more shuttles... it solves some of the parking issues.

Journey East
                https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell...e-thread/page5
                Last edited by WstateU; January 10, 2020, 04:15 PM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                X