This gave me the biggest laugh.....off of ku fan page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmyShockerFan View Post

Not saying he hasn't. Their point was if a billionaire gave I'll St. the same support they would currently be where WSU is at.
    So where were they in the 60s and before? Oh yeah, in DII. In the 70s? Independent DI with their coach leaving for a better program.....WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      Do people always qualify Oregon success by saying “Well, they have that Nike money?” No? Okay, then I don’t want to hear squat about Koch’s support.
      Shoot me if you’d like, but yes, I’ve thought that before about Oregon’s Phil Knight and Nike. Probably not an apples to apples comparison. Koch doesn’t come close to that kind of support and also supports other institutions in Kansas and across the US.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Boy the timing of this was spot with KU losing today at home.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Bad thing about the mvc was after we left the team that replaced Creighton has had the best success in the tourney

Comment

Originally posted by Durtymofo20 View Post
            Bad thing about the mvc was after we left the team that replaced Creighton has had the best success in the tourney
            One lucky year then fell off the map. (Lucky because they played 5 games in the tourney without facing a 1 or 2 seed and need multiple last second shots to get there)

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

One lucky year then fell off the map. (Lucky because they played 5 games in the tourney without facing a 1 or 2 seed and need multiple last second shots to get there)
              I don't think it's fair to discount what Loyola did, in that season. That was a great TEAM with really good pieces that played great together. They were 32-6. They beat #5 Florida at Florida. Sure, they got a good draw in the dance and needed a 3 with 1 second in the 1st round, a basket with 5 seconds in the 2nd round and 3 with 6 seconds (to seal the game) in the round of 16 before easily dispatching KState to go to the FF. Once there, much like us, they led Michigan fairly handily at the under 12 before going ice cold and only getting 2 points from roughly 12 minutes to 4 and the game got away from them.

No, it wasn't a long term thing, but to discount them is to discount much of what WSU did. We're often times looking for validation, that year's Loyola team deserves validation, especially from WSU fans, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I don't think it's fair to discount what Loyola did, in that season. That was a great TEAM with really good pieces that played great together. They were 32-6. They beat #5 Florida at Florida. Sure, they got a good draw in the dance and needed a 3 with 1 second in the 1st round, a basket with 5 seconds in the 2nd round and 3 with 6 seconds (to seal the game) in the round of 16 before easily dispatching KState to go to the FF. Once there, much like us, they led Michigan fairly handily at the under 12 before going ice cold and only getting 2 points from roughly 12 minutes to 4 and the game got away from them.

No, it wasn't a long term thing, but to discount them is to discount much of what WSU did. We're often times looking for validation, that year's Loyola team deserves validation, especially from WSU fans, imho.
                I agree. But I also think it's fair to draw a distinction between a great team and a great program.

Loyola is in the category with George Mason having great teams that made great runs to the F4. Those were, for all intents and purposes, flashes in the pan. Doesn't mean they weren't great and didn't earn everything they did. But, IMO they are in a different category than say Butler and WSU.

VCU is in kindof a weird in-between IMO. They have built a reputable program, but without the consistent conference and tourney success as Butler and WSU.

Gonzaga is in a different plane, one that WSU and Butler are still working to chase down.

Ironically, I have thought WSU's best rosters for making deep tourney runs were 2012, 2014 and 2016. They did it in the in-between year of 2013. I thought our next best shot was 2021. Maybe I'll get lucky and be wrong again by a year.

Comment

Do people always qualify Oregon success by saying “Well, they have that Nike money?” No? Okay, then I don’t want to hear squat about Koch’s support.

Totally agree. I get so tired of hearing that bullsht.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Daaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh Bears.
                    Dah Bears dah Bears dah Bears!
                    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by shockrah View Post

Dah Bears dah Bears dah Bears!
                      Did I read a complete thread only to end up seeing a swomo reference? Please God, no. In fact, I want swomo to be just good enough to get their fans excited, only to lose to e-ville in the semi's. Thus, causing their fans to pine for the good ol' days with Spoon, wondering how such an elite institution could lose Cuonzo as a head coach.

Then I'll tune into a few hours of Live PD and watch their fans trying to outrun the cops on an old Schwinn bicycle with a 3.5 hp Briggs and Stratton motor attached to the front forks.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Did I read a complete thread only to end up seeing a swomo reference? Please God, no. In fact, I want swomo to be just good enough to get their fans excited, only to lose to e-ville in the semi's. Thus, causing their fans to pine for the good ol' days with Spoon, wondering how such an elite institution could lose Cuonzo as a head coach.

Then I'll tune into a few hours of Live PD and watch their fans trying to outrun the cops on an old Schwinn bicycle with a 3.5 hp Briggs and Stratton motor attached to the front forks.
                        Pretty sure it was a Baylor reference
                        78-65

Comment

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Pretty sure it was a Baylor reference
                            Thank God. Now I feel bad about the penis pump post.

Comment

Actually, 16, I'm with WstateU -- I do always think Nike whenever I think of Oregon's recent success, mostly because to a considerable extent it has correlated with the big infusion of support from Nike. And that's true in football as well as hoops.

Comment

Dizzle has a valid point when he talks about great teams vs great programs. In our case it has been continuity in retaining our head coach. VCU has had great teams and promptly lost them when a bigger program came calling. Butler lost Brad Stevens and was down a little but the present coach seems to have them back on track. Gonzaga...same head guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X