Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-negotiables

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Non-negotiables

    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Ricky Del Rio asked in an earlier thread what the non-negotiables were. Don't know if you still care Ricky, but I learned last night that Coach Marshall has four non-negotiables for the team:

    1. Play hard
    2. Play smart
    3. Play as a team
    4. Be tougher than the other team

    After coach reviews the game tape, etc. he judges whether the Shox out-played the opponent in these four areas. He puts a check mark next to the team that was better in each of these four areas. The goal is for the Shox to get the check mark next to their name every game in all four areas.

  • #2
    Re: Non-negotiables

    Originally posted by WuShockFan
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Ricky Del Rio asked in an earlier thread what the non-negotiables were. Don't know if you still care Ricky, but I learned last night that Coach Marshall has four non-negotiables for the team:

    1. Play hard
    2. Play smart
    3. Play as a team
    4. Be tougher than the other team

    After coach reviews the game tape, etc. he judges whether the Shox out-played the opponent in these four areas. He puts a check mark next to the team that was better in each of these four areas. The goal is for the Shox to get the check mark next to their name every game in all four areas.
    Coach said we probably got 3 of these last night. I would agree. The one I dont think we did was play smart. We played really sloppy at times last night committing some dumb turnovers and fouls. But all in all it was a good game for us and Im proud of the Shocks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Non-negotiables

      Originally posted by WuShockFan
      I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Ricky Del Rio asked in an earlier thread what the non-negotiables were. Don't know if you still care Ricky, but I learned last night that Coach Marshall has four non-negotiables for the team:

      1. Play hard
      2. Play smart
      3. Play as a team
      4. Be tougher than the other team

      After coach reviews the game tape, etc. he judges whether the Shox out-played the opponent in these four areas. He puts a check mark next to the team that was better in each of these four areas. The goal is for the Shox to get the check mark next to their name every game in all four areas.
      Ah! I do care.

      Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        I like those goals. Everyone should play Bball with those goals in mind. When I played in HS, I loved getting on the floor, diving for lose balls. I bet coach loves stuff like that.

        Comment


        • #5
          #2 reminds me of a funny moment in the first half of the UAB game. JTD has the ball near the top of the key and Matty B makes a back door move and JTD totally misses it and passes to where he was and the ball goes out of bounds. Doh. You can see those two talk it up as they go up the court. Freshman mistake, it happens. Live and learn. Remember, play SMART.

          So, exact next time down the court Matt doesn't make the back door cut and if he makes the exact same pass as before, all goes well. Nope, now he makes the back door pass. It was so bad that the UAB defender bobbled the ball because he never expected for it to come to him right then and there.

          If you love a team, you just have to shake your head. Now, do that same thing again and maybe I yell a "come on!" As it stands you just have to laugh.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Non-negotiables

            Originally posted by WuShockFan
            Coach Marshall has four non-negotiables for the team:

            1. Play hard
            2. Play smart
            3. Play as a team
            4. Be tougher than the other team

            After coach reviews the game tape, etc. he judges whether the Shox out-played the opponent in these four areas. He puts a check mark next to the team that was better in each of these four areas. The goal is for the Shox to get the check mark next to their name every game in all four areas.
            The heading of that checklist should be big bold underlined letters:

            MTXE
            That rug really tied the room together.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Non-negotiables

              Originally posted by rZ

              The heading of that checklist should be big bold underlined letters:

              MTXE

              MARSHALL LAW
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

              A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rosewood
                #2 reminds me of a funny moment in the first half of the UAB game. JTD has the ball near the top of the key and Matty B makes a back door move and JTD totally misses it and passes to where he was and the ball goes out of bounds. Doh. You can see those two talk it up as they go up the court. Freshman mistake, it happens. Live and learn. Remember, play SMART.

                So, exact next time down the court Matt doesn't make the back door cut and if he makes the exact same pass as before, all goes well. Nope, now he makes the back door pass. It was so bad that the UAB defender bobbled the ball because he never expected for it to come to him right then and there.

                If you love a team, you just have to shake your head. Now, do that same thing again and maybe I yell a "come on!" As it stands you just have to laugh.
                But then there was a timeout, and Marshall met MB and said a few words to him, MB kinda laughed, and within 2 minutes after the timeout they ran that backdoor play and it worked.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                  Originally posted by Rosewood
                  #2 reminds me of a funny moment in the first half of the UAB game. JTD has the ball near the top of the key and Matty B makes a back door move and JTD totally misses it and passes to where he was and the ball goes out of bounds. Doh. You can see those two talk it up as they go up the court. Freshman mistake, it happens. Live and learn. Remember, play SMART.

                  So, exact next time down the court Matt doesn't make the back door cut and if he makes the exact same pass as before, all goes well. Nope, now he makes the back door pass. It was so bad that the UAB defender bobbled the ball because he never expected for it to come to him right then and there.

                  If you love a team, you just have to shake your head. Now, do that same thing again and maybe I yell a "come on!" As it stands you just have to laugh.
                  But then there was a timeout, and Marshall met MB and said a few words to him, MB kinda laughed, and within 2 minutes after the timeout they ran that backdoor play and it worked.
                  ... that specific backdoor play was a thing of beauty.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X