• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

I think the title of this tread may need to be changed to -

Jamarius Burton: World-class Assist Man
      Not bad at all, especially considering he plays PG only about 1/3 the time this year. What I liked best about this clip is that most of the passes are arriving as the shooter gets to his spot, thus the defender isn't there yet.

Comment

just curious of the reaction to the many JB detractors on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
          What’s his turnover avg per game and where does it rank on the team?

Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
            Yes, I would think that those detractors would at least give some kudos to a player on their team when he does well.

He's got to be doing something right, if not more things right than most of the other players on the team. After all, he leads the team in minutes per game so "somebody important" must think he's a valuable player. He is tied for 3rd in scoring, has the highest FG% among non-post players, and while his 3pt% has gone down, it's still the second best on the team (among the top 7 minute players, the only player to shoot fewer 3s is JE so JB is not doing a lot of chucking either). He was having a lot of problems with his FTs early (.532 over first 12 games), but is at .724 over the last 12 games. While he has the most TOs on the team (but remember minutes played), he also has the most assists and the best A/TO ratio on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What’s his turnover avg per game and where does it rank on the team?
              Yeah, and he doesn't get a lot of blocks either, so he's really not a good player on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yeah, and he doesn't get a lot of blocks either, so he's really not a good player on the team.
                What about shots blocked? Is that a stat they keep track of?

People are trying to make this into a haterfest but JB has good improving qualities but it would be naive to ignore his weaknesses as well. His shot has definitely improved over last year and he appears to be trying to pass the ball again which is good. But he also turns the ball over a lot and can force some dumb shots that get stuffed at the rim. Like most players, there's good and there's bad.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What about shots blocked? Is that a stat they keep track of?

People are trying to make this into a haterfest but JB has good improving qualities but it would be naive to ignore his weaknesses as well. His shot has definitely improved over last year and he appears to be trying to pass the ball again which is good. But he also turns the ball over a lot and can force some dumb shots that get stuffed at the rim. Like most players, there's good and there's bad.
                  Sorry for my misstatement, but I know you knew what I was talking about.

I actually agree in general with what your saying, Fev. All the players have their +s / -s and, for the most part, all get the good and bad discussed. It just seems that for all the good JB does, his detractors are more fixated on the negative while giving very little credit (if any) on his good points and/or good games. He's not a highlight type of guy. ES big games, DD slams and 3s, ETN hot shooting, yet JB probably has as good or better overall stats and is more of a steading force for the team. On that one highlight, NF is talked about for his play angry defense and steal, and DD for the bucket, yet nothing said that JB had to reach back behind himself to gather in NF's pass, not travel, then make the spot on pass for DD.

As I said before, there's a reason he gets the minutes he does. It wouldn't hurt those that criticize him to give a little more credit for the good things as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X