No announcement yet.

Gal guarding Vaden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what Gal thinks of HCGM's style of play and if he thinks he is achieving what it takes from this style to play at the next level?

:posterwsu: 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

i think the coach knew that Van was gonna get his one way or another and that he is better off putting his better defenders on the rest of the team or there 2nd best player. It didnt matter who held Van, he was gonna score points. I think giviing Gal an assingnment like that is good for his development, it shows the coach trusts him.
      ________
      CHEVROLET KODIAK SPECIFICATIONS
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
        I think a lot of posters got carried away with the "NBA prospect" hype when Gal was signed. When it turned out the hype was inaccurate, it was easier for some posters to blame Gal for underperforming rather than think the hype was overstated.

Gal has flashy ball-handling and passing, but what worked in Euro U18 leagues leads to turnovers in D1 ball. That has probably been the most difficult adjustment for Gal. The same things that got him praise and accolades in Euro leagues was his weakness in D1.

Gal is only in his second year of American basketball. It's not surprising that he has weaknesses at PG. PG has to understand offensive schemes. Gal is still learning American offensive schemes. I think Gal works hard and is playing at the level of his abilities and understanding of the American game.

I expect there are some pride issues to overcome. It's hard to "forget" what's been learned in a lifetime of basketball and learn what's essentially a different game.

Gal is progressing well for a So and could be a special player by the time he's a Sr. Some were expecting him to be a special player the day he walked on campus. When that wasn't true, some posters became unfairly critical.
        It is interesting to hear the whole arena gasp when he makes a long pass.

But it is even more fun when he makes one of his no look, behind the back spiny rocket passes to someone who then gets the bucket.

I think everything I want to say about Gal can be summed up by saying: Sophomore.

Comment

Yes, it was surprise for Gal to get the defensive assignment, but he handled it.

We need him to boost his offense back up where it was to start with, especially against Drake Friday night, who is playing a zone defense most of the time.

Comment

Gal starts playing good D, the offense is coming around = Uh Oh Valley!

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
              Does anyone know what Gal thinks of HCGM's style of play and if he thinks he is achieving what it takes from this style to play at the next level?

:posterwsu: 8)
              yea what i have heard is gal likes Marshall style alot better than Turgeon
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
              X