No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Abilene Christian Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A win is a win. Hope we play better the next game. The turnovers and silly mental mistakes have to be significantly reduced for the tough conference games that they are going to play.

Just once I wish JE would stop with all the pump fakes and just go up strong and dunk the feeking ball. I am not sure it makes sense to run down the court raising your arms in the air when you get a dunk. He should be getting dunks he is almost 7 ft. I guess I have been spoiled by Tekel Cotton. He had some of the most tremendous dunks I have seen and he never celebrated. He just ran back down the court like it was just expected.

Tre Wade and Big MO have to stop fouling. I hope Poor Bear gets over his sickness. No doubt about it there is some kind of crud going around. Go Shocks.

Comment

Hard game to watch as we seemed a bit rattled by their defense. Noah and DeAntoni got some good quality minutes and DeAntoni really made the best of his. Hope he sees the same amount of minutes on Wednesday against ECU with the same, or better, results. ETN and Sheffield are really settling in nicely. Interesting lineup with God Bear and Jaime in there together. Wonder how often we’ll see that the rest of the season.

Comment

Overall I would give the Shocks a C grade. The won by about what they were supposed to win by. But they were not at their sharpest nor did I think they played their hardest.

Grant Sherfield more and more seems like the guy that steps up to lead this team and make the key plays when we need them the most. Nice double-double by Grant. 15 points on 6-6 from the field and 11 rebounds.

I thought Deantoni made the most of his minutes and brought good energy to the floor. His shot is still a work in progress but I think he can help us.

Our bigs don't kick the ball back out to the perimeter very often. I would like to see a bit more inside-out action.

Erik kind of took a beating today.

Sure would like to have Dex back in the mix.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 29, 2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          Hard game to watch as we seemed a bit rattled by their defense. Noah and DeAntoni got some good quality minutes and DeAntoni really made the best of his. Hope he sees the same amount of minutes on Wednesday against ECU with the same, or better, results. ETN and Sheffield are really settling in nicely. Interesting lineup with God Bear and Jaime in there together. Wonder how often we’ll see that the rest of the season.
          We probably won't see God Bear and JE in there at the same time too often. In the postgame, Marshall said it didn't go too well.

Comment

Tyson ATM

Comment

We won on talent today. Not execution. And that's fine.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Overall I would give the Shocks a C grade. The won by about what they were supposed to win by. But they were not at their sharpest nor did I think they played their hardest.

Grant Sherfield more and more seems like the guy that step up to lead this team and make the key plays when we need them the most. Nice double-double by Grant. 16 points on 6-6 from the field and 11 rebounds.

I thought Deantoni made the most of his minutes and brought good energy to the floor. His shot is still a work in progress but I think he can help us.

Our bigs don't kick the ball back out to the perimeter very often. I would like to see a bit more inside-out action.

Erik kind of took a beating today.

Sure would like to have Dex back in the mix.
                So glad you said something about our bigs not throwing the ball back out to the preimeter. JE was double team a number of times and instead of throwing it back out he tried to go up and under. "Just throw the ball back out when the double team comes" Yikes.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge: Wichita State basketball closes out most successful decade in program history with win

The most successful decade in Wichita State men’s basketball history came to a close in winning fashion Sunday as the Shockers dispatched Abilene Christian 84-66 at Koch Arena.

WSU closed out the decade having won 78.9% (280-75) of its games under coach Gregg Marshall, a 10-year stretch that included seven NCAA Tournaments, three NIT’s, 18 postseason victories, five regular-season conference titles and two conference tournament championships.

WSU made 50.9% of its shots from the field and outrebounded Abilene Christian by 11, 39-28. WSU had its best stretches in the second half, where the lead grew to as many as 27 points, but it was far from a crisp performance from the Shockers, who were plagued by 20 fouls and 16 turnovers.

Comment

1, Snippets of that game were fugly beyond description.
                    2. I saw Jamie Thompson, and Sherrod, and Perez, and the rest, and I think ETN will be remembered as the best shooter we ever had.
                    3. Good for Gordon.
                    4. Abilene Christian would beat Emporia, but maybe not Hutch Juco.
                    5. So Poo is sick, so let's let him slap hands of every starter.

Comment

I thought I heard the announcer say during the game that WSU was given a flop warning. It was really noisy at the time, and I am not sure that’s right. Anyone know?

Comment

1. Too early to put TE up there with Jamie
                        2. JE and AM really discourage opponents from attacking the rim
                        3. MU was really quick attacking the rim but needs to pay attention on defense. Really like his motor.
                        4. Guards were pretty sloppy with the ball but shot well
                        5. DG and AM played well. NF needs a few really good minutes to build confidence - I know he has game
                        6. 11-1 on picks now...……...stubbed my toe on the VCU game, thankfully
                        7. Good thing we didn't play a quality opponent today
                        8. Like our team. DD makes us even better especially on defense.
                        9. Get well IC

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                          I thought I heard the announcer say during the game that WSU was given a flop warning. It was really noisy at the time, and I am not sure that’s right. Anyone know?
                          I thought ACU got the warning.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                            I believe it was on Stevenson. I didn't see the flop, but the ref signaled 10 and Erik look confused and like he didn't agree.

It was while we were on offense though... Which is weird

Comment

Stevenson rocked his head back to simulate that he got hit in the head...hence the flop warning.

Comment

The TV announcers said the flop warning was on ACU.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X