Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question - Who makes it to Wichita Undefeated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAGERVEGAS View Post
    Hey guys, guess it's UNLV then. C U on the 4th !
    See you on the 4th! Hope you bring some ear-plugs because this one's going to be LOUD!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Not so fast my friend....although UNLV has an underrated UCSB team before they arrive. The Gauchos are a 1 point OT loss to SDSU from being 5-0.
      3 reasons I thought UNLV wouldn't come in undefeated.
      1. Harrison Barnes
      2. They weren't playing in yhe Thomas and Mack.
      3. Ummm... heh...uhhhh...
      I forgot.
      Oops...

Comment

I'm sure I could come up with a dozen more why I thought the same thing. I'm just happy it worked out this way.

Big, big week ahead for our program.

Comment

As much as I'd like it to be true, I sincerely doubt that Creighton comes in undefeated. We have road games left against San Diego St (who just beat Arizona at Tucson), a St Joseph's team that is playing pretty well and at Tulsa. I can't see us winning all of those games and fully expect to lose two of them. We also have an undefeated Northwestern team and a revitalized Nebraska team at home.

If Creighton is somehow undefeated on 12/31, Creighton might be a top 10 caliber team.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
            As much as I'd like it to be true, I sincerely doubt that Creighton comes in undefeated. We have road games left against San Diego St (who just beat Arizona at Tucson), a St Joseph's team that is playing pretty well and at Tulsa. I can't see us winning all of those games and fully expect to lose two of them. We also have an undefeated Northwestern team and a revitalized Nebraska team at home.

If Creighton is somehow undefeated on 12/31, Creighton might be a top 10 caliber team.

Easy baby.....

It would be tough to find a person that didn't like Creighton as much as I do yet at the same time thinks they are as good as I do. But let's not get carried away.

So far the best team CU has played is (Campbell's record aside) UAB. Tulsa is okay, St. Joe's lost to Seton Hall, a team that will be lucky to finish 10th in the Big East....and seriously, a "revitalized Nebraska"??? Let's wait until the Huskers stop beating up on the Dakotas before we declare them anything but roadkill.

Northwestern is picked 7-9 in the Big 10. Haven't you guys had enough of the Big10 cellar dwellers? When's Penn State coming to the Q? None of these teams are likely going to be in the mix for an at large at the end of the year, much less at top 25 type team.

Look, the Jays are good this year. If they shoot 60% from the field and 3 for the year, they'll probably get to the Final Four. I suspect a little defense and decent competition will bring those figures down a bit though. They were and are even more so today my pick to win the Valley.

But let's not confuse them with a "top 10 caliber team". Ummm....no. They might be ranked in the top 15 or so....but they are not a top 10 caliber team and if you think they are, you need to get your head examined and challenge the team to play someone that is a legitimate top 25 type team, at least.

CU...top 40 type team? You flipping bet. Capable of beating teams higher? Sure, with the way they score, but I'd like to see what a real defense does to them first. A top 10 caliber team? Beer prices must have come down a bunch, or there are a lot of 2 for 1 and 3 for 1 specials going on up north.

Comment

Northwestern is a pretty good team, i watched them in the semi of the tournament they played in. St. Joes picked up a good win last night. They also have name recognition, both Coach and player wise.

IF they run that gauntlet undefeated i think they will be one of very few undefeated teams left, which will get them close to the top 10.

Of course, they wont be when they leave Wichita.

Comment

I dont know how good Creighton is, but it would be awesome to get them here undefeated and ranked. Can you imagine two undefeated and raked teams coming to CKA in the same season? What fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockfather View Post
                  See you on the 4th! Hope you bring some ear-plugs because this one's going to be LOUD!
                  Funny, I am more worried about this game then any other away non-conference game.

GO REBELS !!
                  [SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff0000]GO REBELS !![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Funny, I am more worried about this game then any other away non-conference game.

GO REBELS !!
                    That was a beautiful win, nothing like giving Roy a reason to blubber (not that he needs one). I will root for you guys in every game but the one Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Easy baby.....

It would be tough to find a person that didn't like Creighton as much as I do yet at the same time thinks they are as good as I do. But let's not get carried away.

So far the best team CU has played is (Campbell's record aside) UAB. Tulsa is okay, St. Joe's lost to Seton Hall, a team that will be lucky to finish 10th in the Big East....and seriously, a "revitalized Nebraska"??? Let's wait until the Huskers stop beating up on the Dakotas before we declare them anything but roadkill.

Northwestern is picked 7-9 in the Big 10. Haven't you guys had enough of the Big10 cellar dwellers? When's Penn State coming to the Q? None of these teams are likely going to be in the mix for an at large at the end of the year, much less at top 25 type team.

Look, the Jays are good this year. If they shoot 60% from the field and 3 for the year, they'll probably get to the Final Four. I suspect a little defense and decent competition will bring those figures down a bit though. They were and are even more so today my pick to win the Valley.

But let's not confuse them with a "top 10 caliber team". Ummm....no. They might be ranked in the top 15 or so....but they are not a top 10 caliber team and if you think they are, you need to get your head examined and challenge the team to play someone that is a legitimate top 25 type team, at least.

CU...top 40 type team? You flipping bet. Capable of beating teams higher? Sure, with the way they score, but I'd like to see what a real defense does to them first. A top 10 caliber team? Beer prices must have come down a bunch, or there are a lot of 2 for 1 and 3 for 1 specials going on up north.
                      I'm not sure you read my post correctly. I said there is no way Creighton will be undefeated on New Years Day. In fact, I predicted at least two losses. Hopefully they both come on the road. I certainly didn't brag on the schedule to date. With UAB losing again, at home, today, I'm not impressed with our schedule so far, hence you will see no boasting from me.

I think the best team on the noncon part of our schedule is either San Diego St or Northwestern. Northwestern would have made the tourney last year had Shurna not gotten injured (even after he returned, he was not quite the same). SDSU could potentially be ranked by the time we play them.

Regardless, I think you post completely misrepresents everything I said in my post.

Comment

I'm not sure you read my post correctly. I said there is no way Creighton will be undefeated on New Years Day.

I read your post perfectly, even your mistakes and what YOU said was

As much as I'd like it to be true, I sincerely doubt that Creighton comes in undefeated.
                        "I sincerely doubt" and "there is no way" seem like 2 different things to me.

But let's move on.

...........and fully expect to lose two of them.
                        In fact, I predicted at least two losses.
                        So is it 2 losses or at least 2 losses?

Regardless, I think you post completely misrepresents everything I said in my post.
                        All I did was say "easy baby" and make a point that while I think there's a decent chance CU might be undefeated at that point, and even ranked in the top 15 or perhaps even 10, that if that were to happen that they are not a top 10 caliber team as you say they might be. Yes they might be ranked, but little in their performance against middling teams at best would validate that....that's what I said.

Regardless, I didn't misrepresent everything you said in your post. I represented it perfectly. I took exception with your possible conclusion that CU would be a top 10 caliber team.

But honestly, it's a nice discussion to have....that the Valley can have this many quality teams is good for our chances at the end of the year, and should make for some dynamite games between now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          That was a beautiful win, nothing like giving Roy a reason to blubber (not that he needs one). I will root for you guys in every game but the one Sunday.
                          Noted!!
                          Thanks

Comment

Noted!!
                            Thanks
                            Jagger- it was a lot of fun watching UNLV totally dominate UNC the other night. It was a very fun game to watch. Your team looks very scary good.

PS- I too will be rooting for UNLV rest of the way (except for on Dec. 4).

Comment

UNLV..gonna be in the house !!!!!!!!!!!!

And undefeated !! Game on Shockers !!! The game I've been waiting for all year long..BTW, do they serve beer there ????

Comment

Ha! No, sorry. Who do you think we are Creighton?

I know in the past some bars have provided shuttles to the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X