Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these improvements would you like to see made to our athletic facilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these improvements would you like to see made to our athletic facilities?

Answer and discuss. Keep in mind that with the new Y, it will be interesting to see how the Heskett Center is sustained. Intramural sports and indoor track can only justify so much.
    A Basketball only (M and W) practice court and weight room
    13.89%
    A reduction in size and remodel of Cessna Stadium
    30.56%
    A dedicated venue for Volleyball
    33.33%
    Additional Improvements to Koch Arena (please explain)
    22.22%

What I would want is a dedicated volleyball facility, but I'm pretty sure '72, moose and I can't afford it.

The only thing I think we should be spending money on is men's basketball, so I'll say the first one.

What I fear is a remodel of Cessna for something I cannot believe might happen.

Comment

Volleyball Facility. Woman’s Basketball can also play their games there. If either team needs a bigger seating section, they can play in Koch.

Tear down Cessna. Build a dedicated track facility. No more high school football. Move all the throwing events inside the new stadium.
      The Assman

Comment

Additional Improvement to Koch: Lasers

As in for like the pregame introductions that you see in most NBA arenas now.

Comment

It would be nice if we had a venue for women’s VB and WBB with about 4-5k seats. However, I voted for remodel of Cessna Stadium. It is worn out and looks terrible. It’s the only part of the campus that looks like crap. Besides, as WuDrWu stated, he can’t afford a new VB venue so there goes that option.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Additional Improvement to Koch: Lasers

As in for like the pregame introductions that you see in most NBA arenas now.
            OK, posting the image isn't working. It shows up in the preview and when I post it, but disappears when I refresh....
            Picture Austin Powers saying "Frickin Laser Beams".
            Yeah, loses a lot that way. Sorry!
            Last edited by shockrah; December 14, 2019, 01:13 PM.
            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Functional bathroom paper towel dispensers.

​​​​​​Aim small, miss small.

Comment

I’m talking major projects, quit nitpicking

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  What I would want is a dedicated volleyball facility, but I'm pretty sure '72, moose and I can't afford it.

The only thing I think we should be spending money on is men's basketball, so I'll say the first one.

This poll is under the assumption we will not get football anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

This poll is under the assumption we will not get football anytime soon
                    My comment does not refer to the possible return of football. Check PM tonight.

Comment

Remodel Heskett for new volleyball facility, bigger pool too...maybe indoor track if possible/room. New Y on campus has basically same workout facilities as Heskett anyway.

Upgrade Cessna...way too many Kansas high school kids each year via State Track meet see this. Its pretty much an eyesore...I nice facility could be a good recruiting tool for increased students/enrollment.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Soccer?

Comment

Even though I am NOT a soccer fan, it makes a lot of sense. Gives us a fall sport, seems to be popular in the area, and fairly cheap to roll out.

Comment

Maybe we are getting an XFL franchise?

Comment

Per this March 2019 article. soccer was the one sport left on the table for adding following the evaluation of the athletic program / bringing back football:

https://thesunflower.com/37498/sport...-on-the-table/

Comment

Working...
                              X