The Official Shocks vs. Temple Game Thread - Puerto Rican Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Your post is ignorant and moronic! Any good lawyer will tell you that destroying credability is a good defense. Plus you smell really bad.
    NM:calm:
    Last edited by vancedave56; November 22, 2011, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      So what? Hey Einstein, read my post again maybe three times in your case. The message was that the Shox have not taken advantage of pre-season tournament invites. I don't see where the confusion lies. Regardless who has coached them in the past decade, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that this team continues to lay goose eggs in important early season games and you can now add the Temple game to this trend.
      Sorry, bud, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Calshockfan View Post
        Kai

I did not intend that as a personal attack. On the contrary, I believe KC's omments to be well thought out and thoughtful, more so than in the past. I was merely trying to convey that. Since it wasn't clear I apologize.
        We actually posted at the same time, I was referring the string of back and forth comments prior to yours Cal. You're completely fine.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I was in PR. If there is a chemistry problem I am wondering if it is at the point guard position, not so much in scoring as in distributing the ball and defense. Also just in a general sense of personalities meshing. Hopefully, if it is a problem, the players will figure it out.

Comment

• Free Throws are our biggest problems right now. We got need to execute those better. If we would have hit those there would have been no OT and we would have won 3rd place

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
              I was in PR. If there is a chemistry problem I am wondering if it is at the point guard position, not so much in scoring as in distributing the ball and defense. Also just in a general sense of personalities meshing. Hopefully, if it is a problem, the players will figure it out.
              The players can figure it out or winning could sort it out or Gregg will straighten it out.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                The players can figure it out or winning could sort it out or Gregg will straighten it out.
                ...and Shocker fans will stick it out until it gets figured out, sorted out and straightened out.

Comment

• I know we lost, but I am pretty happy with the Stutz' performance and his 40 minutes of playing time.

Comment

• Stutz and Murry are off to a good start on their senior campaigns.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• I'm pretty happy with Orukpe, disapointed in what I've seen of Carl Hall (hate to say it, but I think we would have beat Temple if hadn't went 3 for 9), I also think that we will not be able to depend on Hall to hit free throws and hope the rest of the Valley doesn't find it out too fast, I think Kyles needs to work on his free throws, I was suprised by Cotton (think Ragland better stay out of the Coach's doghouse) and think Murry and Stutz are both going to have great seasons.

I don't think that Carl Hall will ever have a day as bad as the one he had at Temple again.

I was disapointed in the Alabama game, but saw things in the Temple game that made me feel that if they play Temple again in a tourney, they could probably beat them.
                      The Republicans ... are having a hard time getting their members to act as a unit instead of like a bunch of six-year-olds playing anarchist soccer; three teams, two goals, you decide.

RACHEL MADDOW, The Rachel Maddow Show, Feb. 16, 2011

Comment

• I was in PR and thoought we played very poorly in three games, but stil beat Colorado and should have beat Temple, and had a reasonable opportunity to beat Alabama.

Stutz was terrific when the officials let him play. Hall was also good, but perhaps needs to be a foot closer for his jump hook right now. I don't like the hesitation in his FT technique, but at Madness and Emporia and Charleston, he hit nearly all of them.

I am hugely impressed with Takele. Rags has re-fallen in love with dribbling. That stops all of what 3G is trying to accopmplish. Smith will be fine and Kyles will be fine if he wants to be.

I don't like Murry having to carry the team, but somebody has to. He's a warrior. When he tries too hard, bad things can happen.

EO is a plus!

As for who attends practice, I believe only former players or some HS coaches upon request are allowed (per 3G). At the all-access practice, there was NO discord. GS was helping the newbies, as were DK and JR.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          As for who attends practice, I believe only former players or some HS coaches upon request are allowed (per 3G). At the all-access practice, there was NO discord. GS was helping the newbies, as were DK and JR.
                          You're sorta half right. ;)

Great points on the breakdown of the players. Spot on all the way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                            I was in PR. If there is a chemistry problem I am wondering if it is at the point guard position, not so much in scoring as in distributing the ball and defense. Also just in a general sense of personalities meshing. Hopefully, if it is a problem, the players will figure it out.
                            Marshall addressed this a little tonight and it didn't sound like that big of a deal. Basically, the guards weren't getting the ball inside as much as some thought they should. The guards said that plays were not being finished when the ball was passed low. Marshall made it clear that the team needed to keep on passing it inside (basically offense was to go inside first).

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Unfortunately, the Shocks are in a situation that "how they finish" or "how they must finish" can be and is greatly infuenced by "how they start". This start is not helpful, however, I do think we still have the time and opportunities to diminish the loss to Temple. Whether or not we are capable of delvering the goods when we have the chance remains to be seen.

When you lose a game the way we did with Temple there are so many ifs and buts and would ofs and could ofs and should ofs that we missed on that it makes you feel like we just gave one away.

I suppose the positive spin is that we took a decent Temple team to OT on a night when we couldn't throw it in the ocean from behind the arc or at the line. Our poor 3-point shooting was IMHO due in part to poor shot selection. Not sure what is going on with the free throw shooting. Garrett and Toure were a very good 8 of 9, but the rest of the team was horrible at 4 of 13 (30.8%). The shot selection issue, if that really was an issue and 3G may disagree that it was, is easily fixed. Hard to believe we are nearly that bad of a free throw shooting team. If we are we will lose some games we shouldn't otherwise lose.
                              Since you mentioned free throws, I don't know who caught the Coach's show, but he mentioned that the team gets its eyes examined at Greene Vision at the beginning the season. He said that Hall needed contacts and had a hard time putting in or wearing the contacts. When he was able to start wearing them, he started to do better in practice.

Then he mentioned that he found out later when coming home from the PR tourney that Hall was only wearing one contact during the games. He told his assistant coaches that if Hall didn't have two contacts in by Friday, he might not even participate.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                Then he mentioned that he found out later when coming home from the PR tourney that Hall was only wearing one contact during the games. He told his assistant coaches that if Hall didn't have two contacts in by Friday, he might not even participate.
                                WTF?

Comment

Working...
                                X