The Official Shocks vs. Temple Game Thread - Puerto Rican Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
    The seniors on this team just check out too often for us to be good. Randy, Jamar and Rob....deja vu.
    I didn't need to read this...
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
      Somebody's gotta win 3 games in 3 days. No reason it can't or won't be the Shox.
      It was said earlier "live by the 3, die by the 3". We died & it killed us at the line. It is why WSU lost to Mo. St SIU & VCU at home. If the team learns that lesson in Nov. Rather than Feb, it will be fine.
      If this team hasn't learned that lesson after last year, why should we think they will learn it now? The Shox have a very SMALL margin of error. 2 more missed quality wins later and that margin got even smaller
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Somebody's gotta win 3 games in 3 days. No reason it can't or won't be the Shox.
        It was said earlier "live by the 3, die by the 3". We died & it killed us at the line. It is why WSU lost to Mo. St SIU & VCU at home. If the team learns that lesson in Nov. Rather than Feb, it will be fine.
        So you're more accepting of the goal of every other low-major college basketball team and just win the conference tournament. I, and I'm sure a few others, had other expectations of the team from an at-large standpoint.

You're thrilled to not lose to SIU. I get thrilled for beating teams like Temple.

I guess some people just have different mindsets.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I jusht wanna get thish off my chesht *hic* they're, urr their,uhh there ain't enuff wishkey in my bottle to erashe this performance off my brian .. brane ... brain. But I'll keep tryin! *hic*

Safe travels to all our fans, staff, and team!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I'm far from thrilled. I expect the Shox to make the tournament. The NIT Champion shouldve been an NCAA team every year. The 09-10 team shouldve been an NCAA team.
            Because of this crap conference, we play like there's no margin for error. That mentality cost us this tournament. There is a margin for error & I'm just saying there is time to right the ship & the potential is there to do so.
            I wouldn't expect a WSU fan, player coach or waterboy to be accepting of today's loss.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanksfan View Post
              A high IQ point guard would do this team wonders, (suppose that could be true for any team) and I think he's already on the team. Do the right thing Gregg.
              I'm not exactly sure of whom you are speaking, but IMO, Tekele is playing with more composure than the SR and JR.

Comment

By my standards, we failed the lessons learned in November test. Maybe we will receive a Christmas gift in December where our supposed strength (guards) will IQ their way to running the offense the way it is designed. And hopefully our bigs can figure out how to finish at the rim. That's all!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                  I'm not exactly sure of whom you are speaking, but IMO, Tekele is playing with more composure than the SR and JR.
                  I think I've seen enough to know that he has the composure and discipline that some may never learn. What a pleasant surprise he's been.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• So close, but so far away. Alabama played the tough D. that lowered our shooting PCT. Today, I felt like we missed shots that we will normally make as the Season progresses. We have some areas to shore up and have more tough tests to prove ourselves. It sure would have been nice to get 2 wins in this tourney. Now it is back to the drawing board.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Point guard is no different than quarterback, get a guy with the right moxie and your in for a good run and can get the big win, that's something this team has really lacked, and if a freshman like Cotton has what it takes, then why in the hell wouldnt' you start the guy? Nothing against the other candidates, but let's be realistic here. You can just see it in the kid. I would make the change if it was my decision, fo sho!

Comment

I'm far from thrilled. I expect the Shox to make the tournament. The NIT Champion shouldve been an NCAA team every year. The 09-10 team shouldve been an NCAA team.
                        Because of this crap conference, we play like there's no margin for error. That mentality cost us this tournament. There is a margin for error & I'm just saying there is time to right the ship & the potential is there to do so.
                        No, no, no. You can't blame conference affiliation for costing us NCAA bids. We've had PLENTY of opportunities in the decades upon decades that we've been here. I'm sorry, but that's another **** excuse. Creighton is doing just fine so far. That "mentality" isn't costing them. It didn't cost SIU in the mid 2000's either. Just please stop with the excuses.

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                        I wouldn't expect a WSU fan, player coach or waterboy to be accepting of today's loss.
                        Well then you shouldn't be questioning the "fanhood" of some of us then. We are telling things like they are and clearly we're not accepting of the loss, but then you came in and called everybody out. Make up your mind man..
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanksfan View Post
                          Point guard is no different than quarterback, get a guy with the right moxie and your in for a good run and can get the big win, that's something this team has really lacked, and if a freshman like Cotton has what it takes, then why in the hell wouldnt' you start the guy? Nothing against the other candidates, but let's be realistic here. You can just see it in the kid. I would make the change if it was my decision, fo sho!
                          Lets not confuse stepping off the bench in certain situations with being ready to lead the team in ALL situations. I LOVE what I am seeing from Cotton, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. If Cotton was doing all that Ragland was he would be getting much more PT.

He WILL be a big contributor by end of season, but lets not rush him and hurt his confidence.

Comment

• The fact that Marshall brought him in when he did tells me all I need to know, despite the Ragland fould trouble. This kid will should see significant minutes soon, we shall see.

Comment

• It tells you all you need to know about Ragland and Williams this season. It says nothing specifically about Cotton. I like what I see, but he is probably not a typical point guard...

Comment

• Now that I am starting to come off the ledge, I like Cotton alot and feel he should definately get more minutes. But I did notice that he has had a total of 1 assist so far this year while Ragland has had 11 for a 2.8 avg per game. Not exactly great on Raglands end and when you figure he turns it over 2 times per game so it is kind of a wash. But obviously Ragland does see the court a little better than Cotton, which is what we should expect.

Meanwhile Kyles is averaging 3.8 assists and 1.8 turnovers per game. Pretty crazy considering he doesn't play point....at all.

I DO feel like Cotton should get minutes over DWill for the time being. The kid has definately performed better than he has overall so far. And of course Cotton defends better than DWill also. I was a little surprised to see that Ragland is averaging 1.5 steals per game so far. So Ragland's defense has been somewhat solid. Although he has been fouling alot too.

Cotton just doesn't hurt you much when he is out there which I like and he plays pretty hard. But Ragland is and has to be our point guard. No question Cotton should be the #2 pg though.

I also think Cotton should be our #2 shooting guard behind Murry. He hasn't shot it a ton, but when he has he makes them at a good rate!
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X