No announcement yet.

The Official Shocks vs. Temple Game Thread - Puerto Rican Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to forgive playing selfish and playing stupid.

Comment

• What was the crappy call in OT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
        Seriously, this forum is making the Shox look horrendously bad. If I read the forum, I would not choose the Shox for the CBE or CBI, or whatever the postseason tourny it is that .500 teams strive for.
        Make a 3, make a ft, the ref, whatever. We blew a game we couldve won. It was an OT game w/ a crappy call in OT. It wasn't the SIU or Misery St game at home.
        I expect a lot better from the team & much much better from so called "fans".
        +1000!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          What was the crappy call in OT?
          Im assuming the missed hack on Kyles on his way to hoop. Ref was out of position, and instead of giving benefit to offensive player as had been done entire tourney and game, he gave it to the defense.

Comment

• yep

Comment

Seriously, this forum is making the Shox look horrendously bad. If I read the forum, I would not choose the Shox for the CBE or CBI, or whatever the postseason tourny it is that .500 teams strive for.
              Make a 3, make a ft, the ref, whatever. We blew a game we couldve won. It was an OT game w/ a crappy call in OT. It wasn't the SIU or Misery St game at home.
              Welcome to the Wichita State University Shocker Men's Basketball fan board. The world certainly won't end tomorrow or the next day, however EXPECTATIONS have not been met...simple. My guess is that HCGM expects more from himself and his team as well.

Comment

• air ball.. again

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  Welcome to the Wichita State University Shocker Men's Basketball fan board. The world certainly won't end tomorrow or the next day, however EXPECTATIONS have not been met...simple. My guess is that HCGM expects more from himself and his team as well.
                  Sure we all expect more, but to hear many of these losers, the season is over.
                  Phi Alpha

Comment

• Just bought my ticket for UAB, excited for the Shocks to be back in town and thankful I have the opportunity to go to the game...

Comment

Sure we all expect more, but to hear many of these losers, the season is over.
                      The season is not over, there is hope. However, answer me this. When in the hell is this program ever going to turn the corner? One NCAA tournament appearance in 25 years, and a NIT Championship is not proof that it has. One maybe two non-con opponents in our future may prove to be a quality win (should that happen) at season's end. This means once again, the Shox's NCAA tournament chances rely pretty much on them having to be perfect in the MVC. The MVC appears to be better than last season so that might help but really, once again the Shox fail to take advantage of getting some great RPI wins against programs who wouldn't schedule us if the circumstances did not involve a pre-season tournament.

Comment

• A program w/ "great tradition" might make the NCAA tournament more than once a decade. Wins over UAB, Tulsa, UNLV, Utah St, a Valley Championship & a Valley tourny championship all are possible. I blew a gasket over the SIU loss & flipped out over the In St loss. I can't deny those posts. I wouldve hoped for better in this tourny, but hardly think tis team is a finished product.
                        Phi Alpha

Comment

Yep, forgive us for having expectations for the team and then watching them get snatched by low IQ basketball. We're obviously not fans if we don't see rainbows and marshmallows around every turn.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A program w/ "great tradition" might make the NCAA tournament more than once a decade. Wins over UAB, Tulsa, UNLV, Utah St, a Valley Championship & a Valley tourny championship all are possible. I blew a gasket over the SIU loss & flipped out over the In St loss. I can't deny those posts. I wouldve hoped for better in this tourny, but hardly think tis team is a finished product.
                            The problem is by the time we see the "finished product", it'll be too late for the ol' resume and then it won't matter because we'll have to win 3 games in 3 days in St. Louis. And then you have us in the same situation we would be in if we went 2-28 and were from the SWAC. Other teams who win these games were sure ready enough this time of the year to get the W's. The time for excuse-making is over, especially after two consecutive years of NIT disappointment, all mostly caused by the severe lack of quality wins.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• A high IQ point guard would do this team wonders, (suppose that could be true for any team) and I think he's already on the team. Do the right thing Gregg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                The problem is by the time we see the "finished product", it'll be too late for the ol' resume and then it won't matter because we'll have to win 3 games in 3 days in St. Louis. And then you have us in the same situation we would be in if we went 2-28 and were from the SWAC. Other teams who win these games were sure ready enough this time of the year to get the W's. The time for excuse-making is over, especially after two consecutive years of NIT disappointment, all mostly caused by the severe lack of quality wins.
                                Somebody's gotta win 3 games in 3 days. No reason it can't or won't be the Shox.
                                It was said earlier "live by the 3, die by the 3". We died & it killed us at the line. It is why WSU lost to Mo. St SIU & VCU at home. If the team learns that lesson in Nov. Rather than Feb, it will be fine.
                                Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                                X