No announcement yet.

The Official Shocks vs. Temple Game Thread - Puerto Rican Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An absolute clinic on how not to close out a game.

With 5 Seniors running the show, the last problem area should be a leadership down the stretch. Well, that's what we just witnessed.

Unforced turnovers?
    Missed FT after missed FT?
    Not staying back on the jump ball?

Wow.

It's long season, but this team has a ton of work to do before they even think about being in the Big Show.

The loss of 3 major players in the paint is a huge obstacle to overcome.

Can they?

Having a hard time trying to find anyone who can or will fill the roles.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Tennessee State hangs on to win at South Carolina 64-63.

I think this will be John's breakout year with 20 wins and some sort of postseason. Good for him.

Not so good for Darren Horn. HCGM is going to have a dilemma again this offseason.

Comment

• the dilemma being which unis to where at the home opener in the NIT? Sorry, it was just sitting there :)

Comment

• Bama up 9-0 in the early going against Purdue. ROLL TIDE!

Comment

• I just don't even know what to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarpBros View Post
              Still early this season I wonder if coach holding some of his cards for conference play?
              3G was going all out to win every game he could in the tournament. He knows how beneficial these win would have been. The loss to Alabama you can live with. But we did not play great in any of our 3 games in the tournament and today's game with Temple was there for the taking. We simply failed to take the opportunity (again).

Comment

• murrys fault
                Last edited by PlaneShocker; November 20, 2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Anybody hear the post game show? I missed both GS and HCGM's comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    My guess is you do get it, but debating is something you like...which is fair. Remember, this is a fan board. When predicting upcoming games we as fans are at the top of the "I believe in my team" mountain. Being optimistic is inherently the overwhelming emotion at the moment. Don't you get that???
                    I do get it. And always reading the sunshine pumper's happy go-lucky predictions are the norm. I'm fine with that, but you don't see me calling individuals out for making happy-go-lucky predictions, but when I express a realistic viewpoint, the book is thrown at me. I don't take it personal, but I find it ironic when a sunshine pumper does.

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                      You know why we lost tonight? cause we suck...
                      Go away

Comment

• I don't think we should be making comparisons with this team to the Sweet 16 team, Mike.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Anybody hear the post game show? I missed both GS and HCGM's comments.
                          I commented about GS's remarks in an earlier post. Marshall basically saying players have to make better decisions. If the shot by TM goes in????, we walk out with the win. It's a long season, etc.

I personally think our game came down to a lot more than TM's wild and crazy desperation 3-pointer with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Listening to GS on post-game, he owns up to it. Good for him! got on the guards for not feeding him, got on himself for not finishing, admitted they aren't a team, and took responsibility for that as a senior! Well done GS!

Comment

Last edited by PlaneShocker; November 20, 2011, 07:26 PM. Reason: stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                                I see similarities between the chiefs and the shox.
                                Are you saying the Shox are getting paid not to perform? lol On fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X