No announcement yet.

The Official Shocks vs. Temple Game Thread - Puerto Rican Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we feed the inside early then we open up the outside shots then go back inside. I know our guys can hit from outside but lets not live and die by the 3.

We need some smart play on the court I'm sure not all of this is HCGM fault but he has to make guys play the O and feed the block when it is open.

Stutz isn't Paul Miller but we fed Paul consistently. Some of the best possessions on the Offensive end was when Garrett was involved.

Still early this season I wonder if coach holding some of his cards for conference play?
    "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• The seniors on this team just check out too often for us to be good. Randy, Jamar and Rob....deja vu.

Comment

• shameful fts
        Last edited by PlaneShocker; November 20, 2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• the players do not seem hesitant throwing it into Hall, but very hesitant throwing it into Stutz. Do they know something we don't? Stutz sure seems to have a difficult time holding position. He misses an inordinate number of "bunnies", and how often does a 6'6" player block his shot? (too often) I am sure he is a very fine young man, a dominant 7 footer, no. A serviceable 7 footer, some days. A great student, I hope so :)

Comment

• I think you guys are way overreacting. If we had just made our FTs we win this game in regulation.

Temple and Alabama will both more than likely be ncaa tournament teams.

These loses sting. They are lost opportunities, but the good news is that there are more opportunities on our schedule. And it appears that the Valley is up this year. We could get at least 4 in conference games against top 50 rpi teams (Cu and Swmo) and another 6 or more against top 100 teams (Indy St, UNI, and maybe Bu or UE).

It is very early and I expect that this team will continue to figure things out and improve.
            It is too bad these big, important games come so early in the season. I think it would have helped this team a lot if we had played Newman and Chicago State before we went to PR.

If I were coach I would certainly have this team practicing FTs. The poor FT shooting cost us the Temple game and really hurt us against Alabama.
            Last edited by shox1989; November 20, 2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• To any Stutz haters. We would not have won a game or even been close without him. It's our guard play that is not good

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                I don't get it. I predict we go 1 and 2 in this tourney and I get the book thrown at me. This team has more holes in their game than swiss cheese. I will be surprised that we get into the NCAA's as an at-large. As the Valley also appears to be improved, padding our win/loss record won't be as easy this season. It will be another NIT run for the Shox once again.
                My guess is you do get it, but debating is something you like...which is fair. Remember, this is a fan board. When predicting upcoming games we as fans are at the top of the "I believe in my team" mountain. Being optimistic is inherently the overwhelming emotion at the moment. Don't you get that???

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  The post needs to make under 4-footers.
                  Who coaches the post?

The blame goes around to everybody. Fair enough?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    I think you guys are way overreacting. If we had just made our FTs we win this game in regulation.

These loses sting. They are lost opportunities, but the good news is that there are more opportunities on our schedule. And it appears that the Valley is up this year. We could get at least 4 in conference games against top 50 rpi teams (Cu and Swmo) and another 6 or more against top 100 teams (Indy St, UNI, and maybe Bu or UE).

It is very early and I expect that this team will continue to figure things out and improve.
                    It is too bad these big, important games come so early in the season. I think it would have helped this team a lot if we had played Newman and Chicago State before we went to PR.]

If I were coach would certainly have this team practicing FTs. The poor FT shooting cost us the Temple game and really hurt us against Alabama.
                    You can pick out ANY stat and say that costed us the game. It doesn't change the fact that we lost the game. It doesn't matter the reason.

Plenty of opportunities huh? Doubt it. We missed the biggest two opportunities. And if you think what you saw on tv is gonna compete in a BETTER Valley, you're fooling yourself yet again.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                      I think you guys are way overreacting. If we had just made our FTs we win this game in regulation.

It is too bad these big, important games come so early in the season. I think it would have helped this team a lot if we had played Newman and Chicago State before we went to PR.]

If I were coach would certainly have this team practicing FTs. The poor FT shooting cost us the Temple game and really hurt us against Alabama.
                      Really...what a concept. You don't think Marshall has FT shooting as a significant activity on the practice schedule? the basketball office number is in the phone book. Let me know how that conversation works out...lol

Comment

• I get the impression that the rest of the team does not particularly like Stutz. Last year there were several times where players on our own team laughed at him in his face during a game. Its a bit disturbing. You could definitely hear that in Stutz's post game comments.

Comment

• Stutz mad in the postgame show because our great guards aren't feeding it to him. Does Coach have Stutz's back? How come it's taking GS to call out players in the game to get it to him? Yeah, he has to make those bunnies but I saw plenty of other GARBAGE shots by other players on the team in clutch situations. There's plenty of blame to go around for everybody, Marshall especially included.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Any time you loose an OT game you can always look to one or two plays that could have won it. As always much like the Bama game we took ourselves out of the opportunity winning and let close calls kill us down the stretch.
                            "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                              I get the impression that the rest of the team does not particularly like Stutz. Last year there were several times where players on our own team laughed at him in his face during a game. Its a bit disturbing. You could definitely hear that in Stutz's post game comments.
                              If that's true, then eff them. They are supposed to be a team. If they're holding out on him for whatever reason, then we are in more trouble than I originally thought.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Who coaches the post?

The blame goes around to everybody. Fair enough?
                                Sure...fair enough, however my guess is that "coaching the post" isn't a problem when it looks to me like they are getting opportunities. I guess sometimes a players post DNA just doesn't call for accuracy fans except.

Comment

Working...
                                X