AAC Status So Far and Remaining Non-Con Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I think it's disingenuous to not count OU as a meaningful game. NET takes into account scoring margin, etc. like kenPom. Which means blasting OU by 20 and losing to Butler by 1 is a net positive for you. I don't think it's perfect. But I do think it's significantly better than the RPI and way better than Digger Phelps deciding. It's also early, so things will get more accurate as we go. Generally speaking though, these numbers are at least based on 'What have you done' and not 'What does Jay Bilas think of you.' I'll take the former every time. You can change it's opinion with your performance and results.

Also, while I'm not going to give them a lot of credit for that win over San Jose State (they happen to be really bad), I am going to be careful about calling a team out for playing local schools on the road. It's something that needs to happen way more, not less. So while I might not be voting them Top 10 because of it, I may not really hold it against them either.

Stanford is an interesting case to watch though. They have played a bottom 20 schedule to this point (their patsies have been TERRIBLE). My guess is that their metrics could swing more wildly than most at this point.
    Regarding margin of victory in the NET, I believe (could be wrong) it's capped at 10 points, which I don't think is all that useful in judging how much better one team was than the other. 10 points isn't indicative of a blowout, but 20 is. Or even 15.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
        thank you sticks.

made the drive with a boise state alum to tulsa last weds to watch the broncos and the canes.. totally underwhelmed. tulsa showed signs of the ability to be streaky but my buddy and i thought they were an incomplete team in focus and ability. cant see tulsa finishing in the top half. and neighter of us see boise winning more than 13 wins this year.

predicting coaching turnover in tulsa if they can negotiate the buyout
        How many buyouts is Haith on now?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          One odd thing that got pointed out on the other forum ... Tulsa's game vs Colorado State is considered neutral because it's in the BOK center rather than their home arena (4 miles away still in Tulsa). WSU's game vs OU is considered a home game even though it's at IBA (5 miles away from CKA).

Any idea's why? If OU was considered neutral it would be a Q1 win.
          Here's a link to the rules...seems very cloudy with multiple scenarios.

But it seems to point to who organizes the officials, game management, etc. Possibly a third-party set up the game in Tulsa?

Comment

Working...
          X