Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groupon Deal For UAB Game

Not surprised to see it on Groupon!
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

So to recap...

Dealsaver (http://wichita.dealsaver.com/engine/...idget=ds_rrail)

2 tickets in the P2 Level for $47
    2 tickets in the P4 Level for $15

Groupon:

2 tickets in the P2 Level for $47
    2 tickets in the P3 Level for $30

Seating Chart:

Comment

Got my Dealsaver seats down at IBA yesterday. Section 108, Row R (top row) on the aisle. Not great but not bad. At least I'm downstairs and near the bar!
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I really screwed myself by getting my tickets early!

Comment

Maybe some of our more economics savvy members could do a better job, but I wonder if the maximum value for the promoter isn't captured this way. Self selection by the early buyers and every additional ticket sold at any price adds value.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
            If a "promoter brings in" / "WSU accepts" another less than stellar "fan interest" team in the future to IBA, unfortunately, another reason for slow early sales, or for others to not buy at all, has been added. Go ahead, SF. Jump right in. :wink-new:

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
              I've had this happen at a couple of IBA concerts. I guess its supply and demand but they are not helping themselves by doing this. We are creatures of habit and when we learn that we can wait to get cheap good seats you now see what happens. It will be pathetic if the KSU game sells out. I got my WSU tix early this week and still paid more but not at the prices they were asking at first. Why not just save everyone the time and offer decent prices from day one?

Comment

#OCCUPYIBA

Comment

The IBA website has a "generic basketball seating chart" that details how many seats are in each section.

Using that information I ran an excel spreadsheet to see how much money the promoter could have raised if the arena sold out at the original prices. I ran the same thing for the Ksu-WVU game too.

At the original prices, the WSU promoter would have taken in $582,326 and the Ksu promoter $420,660 if all available seats sold out (the total seats available for sale came to 14,438, so I assume the remaining seats must be the skyboxes which don't show up on the seating charts- if the promoters get any money from skybox sales then there is potential for even more revenue).

Even after paying each team $125,000 there appears to be a lot of room to cover expenses, make a nice profit and discounting by the WSU promoter. Based on the total possible revenue raised from ticket sales, the WSU tickets average 38.5% higer in price than the Ksu-WVU tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                    I've had this happen at a couple of IBA concerts. I guess its supply and demand but they are not helping themselves by doing this. We are creatures of habit and when we learn that we can wait to get cheap good seats you now see what happens. It will be pathetic if the KSU game sells out. I got my WSU tix early this week and still paid more but not at the prices they were asking at first. Why not just save everyone the time and offer decent prices from day one?
                    I agree with the sentiment of do a better job of setting initial prices, but remember that the K-State game is different, because this is a rare opportunity for local K-State fans to see their team in their own town. WSU games are an always available entity to Wichitans.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      #OCCUPYIBA
                      #IBELIEVE!

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        At the original prices, the WSU promoter would have taken in $582,326 and the Ksu promoter $420,660 if all available seats sold out (the total seats available for sale came to 14,438, so I assume the remaining seats must be the skyboxes which don't show up on the seating charts- if the promoters get any money from skybox sales then there is potential for even more revenue).
                        When we got the pitch for boxes a box does not get you any tickets to events. You have to purchase those separately. So yea, those would be additional and probably all sell out.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                          Got my Dealsaver seats down at IBA yesterday. Section 108, Row R (top row) on the aisle. Not great but not bad. At least I'm downstairs and near the bar!
                          I think I'm right behind and above you in the front of 208. I got the 4 tickets for $40 deal from the Greater Wichita Area Sports Commision and was kind of disappointed that I missed out on the 2 for $15 tickets until I got our tix in the mail and saw how good they were, I thought we were going to be in the rafters.

Did any of you guys have to pay an extra processing charge from select-a-seat with your Dealsaver or Groupon deals? I was really happy that the GWASC mailed them to me with no extra charges.

Comment

Almost 10% of the arena has been sold on Groupon and Dealsaver combined. Don't know how many have been sold through the Greater Wichita Sports Commission.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
                              I think I'm right behind and above you in the front of 208. I got the 4 tickets for $40 deal from the Greater Wichita Area Sports Commision and was kind of disappointed that I missed out on the 2 for $15 tickets until I got our tix in the mail and saw how good they were, I thought we were going to be in the rafters.

Did any of you guys have to pay an extra processing charge from select-a-seat with your Dealsaver or Groupon deals? I was really happy that the GWASC mailed them to me with no extra charges.
                              No extra fees at all. I printed the voucher from Dealsaver and took it to IBA. Straight up exchange for seats, no extra fees. BTW, I always go buy my tickets in person to avoid the surcharges.

Comment

Working...
                              X