Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Valley is number 1 in warren nolan conference rpi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Valley is number 1 in warren nolan conference rpi!

I know it is way too early to be paying attention to rpi. But I decided to check the warren nolan page just to see how the Valley's good start compared to other conferences.

Much to my pleasant surprise the Valley was sitting at #1 in conference rpi.

A lot of games left to be played, but hopefully the Valley can continue to play well. Finishing in the top 6 or 7 by the end of the season would be wonderful and would probably guarantee multiple bids to the dance.

2011-2012 Men's College Basketball Conference RPI (Rating Percentage Index) - a ranking of conference based on the average RPI of the teams in the conference, plus non-conference wins and losses, the best teams and automatic bids from the conferences.

That will change after SIU plays some D1 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      That will change after SIU plays some D1 teams.
      Can we quickly kick them out of the conference effective immediately!

They could really cost someone an ncaa bid if they continue to play as terribly as they have so far.

Comment

Real time RPI has the Valley 1 as well, but they show UNI at 1-0 still and the Geese and Panthers are the top 2 rated teams, both in the top 15.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Real time RPI has the Valley 1 as well, but they show UNI at 1-0 still and the Geese and Panthers are the top 2 rated teams, both in the top 15.
          RealTimeRPI is only "real time" if you pay them "real money".

WarrenNolan and maybe RPIForecast still offer up-to-date RPI for free.

Comment

The Valley could move ahead of the B12 this year. KU is down The Mild Kitties could be WAY down. OU is down. Iowa State is their usual self. The only thing the B12 has going for it this year is that they don't have Colorado and Nebraska dragging them even further down.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

[QUOTE=Aargh;274900]The Valley could move ahead of the B12 this year. KU is down The Mild Kitties could be WAY down. OU is down. Iowa Mi

I don't agree with this, although I like the Valley and do think the Big 12 is down a bit. There are still three or four teams in the Big 12 that are, or will be, as good as ayone in the Valley. KU is down, but they are KU. Baylor is as talented as almost anyone in the country. Texas has talent, Mizzou has talent. And I would be careful saying KSU will be WAY down, I can't imagine a Frank Martin team dropping too far. Don't get caught up in these early season rummy games, KSU has some talent and Frank will have them playing as hard and as tough as anyone in the country by the end of January. KSU almost lost to Ft. hays and later went to the Elite 8.

Comment

[QUOTE=GorHoops;274963]
                Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                The Valley could move ahead of the B12 this year. KU is down The Mild Kitties could be WAY down. OU is down. Iowa Mi

I don't agree with this, although I like the Valley and do think the Big 12 is down a bit. There are still three or four teams in the Big 12 that are, or will be, as good as ayone in the Valley. KU is down, but they are KU. Baylor is as talented as almost anyone in the country. Texas has talent, Mizzou has talent. And I would be careful saying KSU will be WAY down, I can't imagine a Frank Martin team dropping too far. Don't get caught up in these early season rummy games, KSU has some talent and Frank will have them playing as hard and as tough as anyone in the country by the end of January. KSU almost lost to Ft. hays and later went to the Elite 8.
                We don't get a lot about Mizzou down here, although we did hear about Pinkel's arrest; isn't their bball coach in some trouble?

Comment

Mvc at this moment on rpi forecast to be the 9th ranked conference. Right now mvc has the best SOS, but it is forecasted to be one of the weakest by end if non-conference (22). Also rpi forecast is predicting that the conference does not do well versus top 25 rpi team. So, if the mvc can continue the momentum and continue to beat quality opponents then I think you will see this projection to get better.

Comment

I forgot to add on my above post that i do think the Shocks and Creighton could compete/beat anyone in the Big 12, but think the middle is stronger in the Big 12. Mizzou has some really good guards, but real thin up front and will have to adjust to not pressing/ then letting the other team score, Mike Anderson-style. Haith was mixed up in the Miami scandal, not sure where that stands now, some thought he might get the boot before he ever coached a game, but he got through it I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X