College Basketball Experience Hall if Fame Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Basketball Experience Hall if Fame Classic

The Shocks used to play in the College Basketball Experience Hall of Fame Classic every 3 or so years.

Does anyone know why the Shocks stopped participating in the KC event?
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    The Shocks used to play in the College Basketball Experience Hall of Fame Classic every 3 or so years.

Dear DUShock

Marshall said they wanted to play in tournaments in locations where the sun shines and real palm trees grow in abundance. Another way to view it is that as the Shockers experienced success they had more opportunities to play in more prestigous MTEs.

Best regards everyone!
    Napoleon Dynamite

“Napoleon, don’t be jealous ’cause I’ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I’m training to become a cage fighter.”

Comment

Maybe they got tired of DePaul.

Or maybe it'll come back around on the guitar in a couple years.

I will say, I'd guess a lineup of Florida, Bahamas, Hawaii doesn't hurt in a recruiting pitch.

Comment

CBE lineup isn't a whole lot different than Cancun. Just sayin'. And more fans can make KC than Mexico. Having the chance to play some of the regional teams like Iowa, Iowa State, Mizzou, Nebraska would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
          CBE lineup isn't a whole lot different than Cancun. Just sayin'. And more fans can make KC than Mexico. Having the chance to play some of the regional teams like Iowa, Iowa State, Mizzou, Nebraska would be good.
          It's also in KC and not in Mexico. And comparing lineups is difficult; I was reminded that CBE couldn't even fulfill their obligation for on-campus games the last time we did that, and we got stuck playing some D4 school.

2010:
          Farleigh Dickinson (316)
          Arkansas Monticello (D12)
          Pitt (28)
          Iowa (174)

2013:
          Western Carolina (245)
          Howard (329)
          Depaul (174)
          Iowa (29)
          Last edited by Cdizzle; November 26, 2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Which sounds better?

"Come join our program and play in a tournament in Kansas City!"

"Come join our program and play in a tournament in Cancun, Hawaii, and the Bahamas."

Comment

Here is a blurb on the 2019 field:

The Big 12’s Oklahoma Sooners, along with Butler, Stanford and the Missouri Tigers are set to face off next season in the championship rounds of the 2019 Hall of Fame Classic Nov. 25 and 26 at Sprint Center.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I forgot about the problem with the on-campus games the last time we were in the CBE. If I recall correctly, there was a decent but not great BYU team in the field. And then the other 2 teams were lower in the CBB food chain. But my memory might be letting me down. This year's field is much more impressive. I do distinctly recall Marshall saying that he told the CBE people that he wanted to go to tournaments in tropical locations. As indicated by other posters most likely Marshall is using it as a recruiting tool. Kansas City is nice, and the power district is great, but . . .

Best regards everyone!
                Napoleon Dynamite

“Knock it off, Napoleon! Make yourself a dang quesadilla!”

Comment

Here is a blurb on the 2019 field:
                  So much worse than Cancun LOL.

CBE should be in the rotation is all I'm saying. Frankly, Cancun ain't so great unless you love murdering drug cartels. That definitely adds a life-experience factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon Dynamite View Post
                    I forgot about the problem with the on-campus games the last time we were in the CBE. If I recall correctly, there was a decent but not great BYU team in the field. And then the other 2 teams were lower in the CBB food chain. But my memory might be letting me down. This year's field is much more impressive. I do distinctly recall Marshall saying that he told the CBE people that he wanted to go to tournaments in tropical locations. As indicated by other posters most likely Marshall is using it as a recruiting tool. Kansas City is nice, and the power district is great, but . . .

Best regards everyone!
                    Napoleon Dynamite

“Knock it off, Napoleon! Make yourself a dang quesadilla!”
                    The Longhorns aren't below BYU in the food chain realistically. It would have been nice to face a b12 team instead of the Cougars for sure, which would have garnered the Shocks a little respect (maybe). It all worked out however when we got that b12 team the following year, without Cle even...

Speaking of BYU, they beat Houston at their gym a few weeks ago, which was a pretty good win for them. Lots of ball-handlers.

Comment

BYU is underated.

Comment

Working...
                      X