Cotton and his Mom share their attitudes about playing D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton and his Mom share their attitudes about playing D

Normally you think of a coaches son having a Dad who coaches. With Tekele, it was his Mom. This is a great read. It looks like Marshall has found yet another with brains, language skills, and a good attitude about basketball and probably a lot of other things.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

It's awesome to see that we are not only recruiting solid athletes but smart, committed young men. Tekele is such a baller.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Thanks for the link. Now that we don't have the home page with links to all the Shocker related articles from the Eagle on it, I miss these pieces unless posted here. Otherwise, I simply don't bother with the Eagle.

Cotton is a tremendous young talent. I know many of us wondered about him as there was very little info coming in, but he's the real deal and going to be a lot of fun to watch. Wonder where he'll rank on the career steals list when he's done? Speaking of which, I miss having that on the site.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Normally you think of a coaches son having a Dad who coaches. With Tekele, it was his Mom. This is a great read. It looks like Marshall has found yet another with brains, language skills, and a good attitude about basketball and probably a lot of other things.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/16/210...in-family.html
        Attention Entercom Radio - Here's another person who cares about having a quality radio broadcast

"Jones, listening to the radio feed on the Internet, liked hearing Marshall talk about her son on the postgame show."
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Good story. Cotton mom can feel proud of her son, she has obviously raised him well.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Thanks for the link. Now that we don't have the home page with links to all the Shocker related articles from the Eagle on it, I miss these pieces unless posted here. Otherwise, I simply don't bother with the Eagle.
            If you are interested, here is the link to the RSS feed of shocker articles from the Eagle.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I sure wouldn't mind him going after the single game steals record on New Year's Eve.

Comment

Seems like a great kid.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I had my doubts about Tekele. There was never a media word written about him. He looked OK in the videos on the Internet but even Eric Bossi's tweet that Cotton is a tough guard didn't help me. However when he got to Wichita, good things about him started coming my way and by the Brazil games I figured he was going to be good. Chad Dollar didn't stay with us long but he delievered Tekele. Thanks Coach Dollar.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                  X