Attendance Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance Issues

I'm not concerned by some empty seats for games against Omaha, Texas Southern and UT-Martin. Those aren't opponents that create the slightest interest. Now that we're in a league where we can get quality wins in league play, it's more likely we're going to see uninteresting opponents in OOC play and have some empty seats.

I didn't notice empty seats on the broadcasts. You had to look for empty seats instead of watching the game to see any empty seats, so some of our reactions to empty seats won't be noticed by a national audience, which is what we're dealing with after getting out of the MVC.

I don't think we'll have empty seats or low-dollar secondary market ticket prices for games agains Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, Tulsa, SMU, Temple.

Might be a few when ECU and Tulane show up. Fans are still going to have to buy season tickets if they want to see the better games. To see the buy games, but only the buy games, it is cheaper to use the secondary market.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Totally agree. Although I think that coach at Tulane is going to get them turned around. He has history of improving a program.

Comment

I agree. Also Saturday afternoon starts during football season and while the weather is still good contribute.

Many of the no shows are corporate seats. This is fact.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

This isn’t the exact thread I was looking for...however...

The athletic dept has caught a lot of flak on SN over the years. Some deserved, some not so much. I think it’s important to 1) thank the people who contacted them with their opinion and 2) acknowledge the department for listening. Things are running about as smooth as I can remember. The in game promotions seem to only occur at media time outs (maybe it was always that way?) and they’ve taken steps to try and get the crowd back into the game before play resumes. There is a nice mix, imo, of the band and pre-recorded music of all styles and eras.

It’s ok to complain but I think we should also acknowledge when there is obvious effort to address the complaints. Go shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

The athletic dept has caught a lot of flak on SN over the years. Some deserved, some not so much. I think it’s important to 1) thank the people who contacted them with their opinion and 2) acknowledge the department for listening. Things are running about as smooth as I can remember. The in game promotions seem to only occur at media time outs (maybe it was always that way?) and they’ve taken steps to try and get the crowd back into the game before play resumes. There is a nice mix, imo, of the band and pre-recorded music of all styles and eras.

It’s ok to complain but I think we should also acknowledge when there is obvious effort to address the complaints. Go shocks.
          Co-sign. I'm not one that it bothers to begin with, but there has clearly been a concerted effort to address some of these things. It's not perfect, but it's improving. They are finding more of the balance of getting the promo cash without destroying the game atmosphere.

IMO, the same can be said for the ticket office. The amount of communication I've seen from them since Marshall called people out has been very, very high. As someone who already has and uses all my tickets, it's almost like spam. But I appreciate that they are making an effort to get butts in the seats.

Comment

There was a moment last night when the crowd was into it, there was a timeout and they did the Kansasland promotion. Instead of killing the momentum, they only slightly turned down the music, waited until the promotion was over then turned up the volume again. It took them a good 10 years to figure it out but they finally managed to run a promotion without being a total buzzkill.

My one request is to let the band pick their songs. They’re obviously on some sort of music schedule which doesn’t always fit in well with what is going on in the game at that time.

Comment

I was thinking about that last night on the way home... i've been super critical and props are definitely due. thank you to the athletic department for implementing some adjustments. i know that the advertising revenue is important, but i have noticed that the cheerleaders and dance team have been shaking it a bit more lately - and they're sponsored! I appreciate the upgrades and definitely the beats from the dj.

on a side note - i went to a vegas knights game last thursday and their music production was first rate. i haven't seen so many 65+ white people ON THEIR FEET AND DANCING to edm in my life. i can't wait to go back in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

They have legitimately stepped up the game - literally and figuratively. Props to them and the effort.

Signed,

Former Critic

Comment

And the war chant FINALLY came at the right time.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                  X