No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Omaha (Nebraska) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevenson will be more like Baker when/if he starts playing with a Baker-like attitude.

Comment

• I almost never post during games. I get amused by some of you who are so spontaneously critical during the games and even
      shortly after. And some are very quick to suggest a couple players will be gone to the draft after couple years. Our center
      position was a team strength last season and will be again. AM didn't have a good game on offense but was one of three who
      kept Pike in check and his screens were being used constantly. ES does most everything pretty well and I'll buy his
      unwanted shares also. He will have nights where his shot will be on and lead the team in scoring to go along with his complete
      floor game. What I like most so far about this team is defense and taking care of the ball. I don't believe we will be a team of
      just a couple stars. We are pretty solid eight deep and maybe ten when a couple more are healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Taylor Eldridge: How Trey Wade, an undersized juco transfer, has become the Shockers’ ‘savior’

Marshall has stressed to his inexperienced team that the route to more victories isn’t by making more spectacular plays, rather it’s by making fewer mistakes. No player better personifies what Marshall is looking for right now better than Wade, the 6-foot-6, 219-pound junior-college transfer WSU assistant coach Lou Gudino helped snag to replace Markis McDuffie at power forward.

In short, Wade’s game does not have a shortcoming.
        Wade is no more "undersized" than Colson was for the Irish 2 years ago. So glad he is a Shocker.

Who was the double/double debut guy for the Shocks 2 decades ago (98?)?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Shout out to the students... thought they were solid last night. There appears to be some organization and new chants...

https://twitter.com/goshockers/statu...886359040?s=21
          Totally agree. It was refreshing to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Who was the double/double debut guy for the Shocks 2 decades ago (98?)?
            The last player to post a double-double in his first game as a Shocker was also a JUCO transfer. O.J. Robinson put up 13 and 11 in his debut against McNeese State on Nov. 19, 1999.

What are the chances anyone could pull that one out their memory banks? I certainly could not. It was in the goShockers.com game write-up.

With all due respect to O.J. my guess is that Trey will have a much bigger impact on WSU basketball in his time as a Shocker.

Comment

The last player to post a double-double in his first game as a Shocker was also a JUCO transfer. O.J. Robinson put up 13 and 11 in his debut against McNeese State on Nov. 19, 1999.

What are the chances anyone could pull that one out their memory banks? I certainly could not. It was in the goShockers.com game write-up.

With all due respect to O.J. my guess is that Trey will have a much bigger impact on WSU basketball in his time as a Shocker.
              For reference, I believe this was the same timeframe that many were awed by Duke Tshomba.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

For reference, I believe this was the same timeframe that many were awed by Duke Tshomba.
                Pretty close. Duke played in the 2000-01 and the 2001-02 seasons. Duke did play 4 seasons overseas. 3 in Belgium and 1 in Germany.

Comment

Pretty close. Duke played in the 2000-01 and the 2001-02 seasons. Duke did play 4 seasons overseas. 3 in Belgium and 1 in Germany.
                  What was Duke's most productive season with the Shocks (pts/rbs)?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

What was Duke's most productive season with the Shocks (pts/rbs)?
                    Here is Duke's WSU stats: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/duke-tshomba-1.html

Note that Duke only played 11 games as a senior. I'm trying to remember what happened to him. Maybe it was a knee injury but I do not recall for sure. Maybe
                    wufan or someone else remembers.

BTW, here are O.J. Robinson's WSU stats: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...obinson-1.html

Comment

• Wow, most names at least trigger an "oh yeah" memory, but OJ Robinson had me going blank like I was on the witness stand.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I miss Bart Westgeest and Mahord Martina!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I miss Bart Westgeest and Mahord Martina!
                          Don’t forget Boo Craft and John Smith...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Don't forget the Base Line Bully James Bunch.

Comment

• Turg focused on playing the kids during Duke’s senior year

Comment

• Omaha Highlights:

Comment

Working...
                                X