No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Omaha (Nebraska) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The freshmen that played tonight were 10x better than last year’s freshmen in their first game. Remember how long it took Dexter to learn how to play without fouling? We’ll be just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It has to appear before it can disappear.
      Kid is not a good shooter, period. He can still contribute, but he is mot a sniper.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• We replaced SHJ, MM, RT and Rod with Wade, TE, GS and DG. I'll take that trade all day, every day.
        The GS/TE combo are going to be special and fun to watch - of course when they are 20 year old Frosh, they really aren't your typical, just out of HS players.
        Trey Wade is a combo of Ramon and Carl Hall - with a big time motor. Dude is deadly serious as any player I've seen in a while for WSU. Bet he is no fun to go against in practice.
        AM looked like a 7" dork tonight. Not sure that Bush Wamakota ever looked that bad.
        ES got off to a bad start shooting and then brain worms set in. He was so mentally out of sync, I was glad he finally had the lay in and then a nice fade away. Finally smiled afterwards too!
        DD plays some bad ass defense. When he is out on the perimeter with the Frosh, they make just getting off a shot a small victory for the opposition.
        Pile is nice player for Omaha. I can see why HCGM liked him as a HS player and made reference about the former assistant who didn't - and no longer on staff!
        Missed Burton tonight - and hope its just a turned ankle and not the dreaded high ankle sprain.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          We replaced SHJ, MM, RT and Rod with Wade, TE, GS and DG. I'll take that trade all day, every day.
          Agreed. Throw in Josaphat as a nice bonus although he may not play this year.

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          ES got off to a bad start shooting and then brain worms set in. He was so mentally out of sync, I was glad he finally had the lay in and then a nice fade away. Finally smiled afterwards too!
          Ironically, that turnaround, fade away 15 footer was the toughest shot he took on the night. But he really did not have time to think about it. As you suggest his brain may be getting in his way.

Missed Burton tonight - and hope its just a turned ankle and not the dreaded high ankle sprain.
          Indeed we did and we may have missed Jaime even more.

Pile is nice player for Omaha. I can see why HCGM liked him as a HS player and made reference about the former assistant who didn't - and no longer on staff!
          And Coach Marshall seems genuinely irritated by that.

Comment

• Wade is like Clemente with offensive skills. Even looks like him.

Comment

• We played elite defense about 37/40 minutes. That’s how you lead by 20 near the end of game you are playing short handed and not running the offense very well that you practice every day.

Noah may have to heal a little more quickly now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                Sigh. It's like some people missed the first 10 years of Marshall.

There is more to winning than shooting percentages. +12 rebounds, 8 steals, 7 turnovers, 49 points allowed, 4+ jump balls, before scrubs. Dude everybody was sure was gonna drop 30 on us(like always happens.........) had 6 points on 7 shots.

Without Ech and Burton.

Lots to work on. LOTS to like.
                We need a Shockernet game thread Bingo Card

Comment

• Never fear, Double, Double Wade and DD were here. And what about our Freshmen guards? Wow!! First half our Defense was okay, but it picked up a lot in the 2nd half. We are athletic enough and will be an improved defensive team this Season. The Shocks missed too many throws, and did not draw near enough fouls. How many lay ups and short inside shots did we miss? Especially our bigs. We need JE back asap. Mo U. was in there fighting and he may pass by A.M. if tonight is indicative of his future performances. With all Freshmen and Soph. guards, I was impressed with only 1 turnover in the 2nd half. Our injuries are a concern for sure, and we all hope to get everybody healthy again. Fernandes, from all I have heard, is for sure a keeper. Mr. Wade and DD were cleaning glass tonight and that is a step to get us back to a dominant rebounding team as past Marshall teams have been. Especially when JE gets back and healthy. So far, so good with an exciting Shock team to watch again this Season. We need Mr. Burton back right away too. No doubt our shooting is Improved, but we shot way more 3's than 3G likes to see. This Squad will be a handful to beat, especially when we get healthy.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• WAY too many 3's taken, especially in the first half. 21? Are you kidding me? You can tell we lacked a true point guard.

We definitely have talent though. Just need to come together as a unit and stop forcing so much crap up. We should've beaten this team by 20+ easily.

Wade is impressive. A serious upgrade in the 4 spot. Dex was studly. We are stacked at the guard position. I love our freshmen.

Our interior game is well.. um.. yah. AM is just tough to figure out. He looks like he regressed. Just such a meh performance against a type of an opponent he should've had a field day against.

Overall, a better second half and it beats what happened in our first game last year.

Texas Southern is sneaky good. Look out.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      WAY too many 3's taken, especially in the first half. 21? Are you kidding me? You can tell we lacked a true point guard.

We definitely have talent though. Just need to come together as a unit and stop forcing so much crap up. We should've beaten this team by 20+ easily.

Wade is impressive. A serious upgrade in the 4 spot. Dex was studly. We are stacked at the guard position. I love our freshmen.

Our interior game is well.. um.. yah. AM is just tough to figure out. He looks like he regressed. Just such a meh performance against a type of an opponent he should've had a field day against.

Overall, a better second half and it beats what happened in our first game last year.

Texas Southern is sneaky good. Look out.
                      They may be but they’re losing by 35 points to San Diego State tonight. They actually lost many of their good players from last years team that had some decent wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

They may be but they’re losing by 35 points to San Diego State tonight. They actually lost many of their good players from last years team that had some decent wins.
                        I stand corrected. Thanks for the update, lax.

Daaaaamn. Ok, we should drub them.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          It's the Dexter Wade show or the Trey Dennis show so far tonight.

I'm a bit concerned about Erik. Is he just uanble to relax and play basketball under the bright lights.
                          Tate Busse’s grandfather mentioned that Erik had 22 family members in to see him, so maybe he was pressing
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                            Stevenson needs to get in the gym and shoot 500 shots a night. He’s shooting bricks so far.
                            If that's what you want, Blackmag, he needs to make 500 a night, not just shoot them. Shooting a bunch without making them is something he already has down disappointingly well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              You can tell we lacked a true point guard.
                              12 points, 3 boards, 6 assists, 1 TO, 2 steals. In his first ever D1 game as a true Fr. He was 0/4 from 3, but he was 6/7 inside the arc. Sherfield had the added pressure of being "the only guy" after Burton went out. That's some incredible composure for a true Fr.

Maybe Sherfield isn't a "true" PG, but that's a better stat line than could possibly be expected from a "true PG" in their first ever D1 game.

Marshall's teams always struggle on the offensive end early in the season. That's because they've been working on defense. Remember when SIU was good? They spent most of their practice time on defense, Their offensive game was brutal, but they defended like mad men. As long as Marshall is the coach, the Shox D will always be way ahead of the O early in the season.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This years opening performance certainly exceeded last year's.

Comment

Working...
                                X