No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Omaha (Nebraska) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Omaha Mavericks NCAAM game from November 5, 2019 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

AM 0 pts, 2 boards

Comment

And just like that, we're down to one PG. Crap, I hope Burton's ankle is okay and he's not out for an extended period. I love Sherfield's game but we need our other point out there.
      Trey Wade is legit. Guy has a motor and plays with so much more control than the guy he replaced. Great way to start his Shocker career with a double double.
      Defense showed up in the second half.
      It's going to tell some time folks, but this team will be much better than last year's team.

Comment

Boring and unimpressive game tonight.

Comment

This is going to be fun team with Etch back and once we’re in mid season form. Wasn’t pretty at times but our newcomers are as good as advertised. Not gonna lie though. Didn’t expect this to be a game our walk-ons would get in. If they build from all the positives in this game, it won’t be long until my expectations are unreasonably high.

Comment

Liked what I saw mostly. Some players will have better games. Most importantly, I appreciated the fire and effort from the new faces. I saw Shocker basketball from guys I didn't necessarily expect and I like every part of the Dennis/Wade duo. I'm willing to wait a little for the offensive execution and finishing to come along when I see guys diving out of bounds and fighting for rebounds like I did tonight.

My biggest 'wants':
            • Mitgaard to go back to moving towards the basket aggresively
            • Stevenson to find the shot
            • Everyone to be more confidant on drives
            • A few less early threes

Comment

Got a lot to workout but not bad for a first game.
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Better start than last year.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

D Gordon looks a little like Rod Brown but that's where it ends. D Gordon is going to be a really good player at some point in his career.

Comment

A win is a win, but shooting 41% from the free throw line and missing 20 three point shots leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                      We ran a better offense in the 2nd half. We hit the easy ones and the margin is closer to 25.

Time to rest up and try to get healthy for Saturday.
                      Not to mention making a few more free throws.

Comment

• JB's ankle is not good. Perhaps Fernandes gets a few minutes saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                          Got a lot to workout but not bad for a first game.
                          I gave the Shocks a C- for the 1st half. Coach Marshall gave the team a C- for the whole game.

Comment

• Sigh. It's like some people missed the first 10 years of Marshall.

There is more to winning than shooting percentages. +12 rebounds, 8 steals, 7 turnovers, 49 points allowed, 4+ jump balls, before scrubs. Dude everybody was sure was gonna drop 30 on us(like always happens.........) had 6 points on 7 shots.

Without Ech and Burton.

Lots to work on. LOTS to like.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                              D Gordon looks a little like Rod Brown but that's where it ends. D Gordon is going to be a really good player at some point in his career.
                              Played hard, got 5 boards and didn’t try to do too much.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Good grief, here we go again. Long knives are already out for AM and ES. It's ONE game folks. AM played good
                                defense but was rusty on offense. He will be fine and like last year play his role and be a significant contributor. ES
                                is a complete player and he will have some hot nights wait and see. He sees the court. Defense is way ahead of the
                                offense right now. I really like what I am seeing on D and getting JE back will make us even better on both ends. Ball
                                movement is better but we need better post up offense. Only one turnover the second half. We should get better
                                every game.

Comment

Working...
                                X