No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Omaha (Nebraska) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should roll over Omaha's premier university.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Well played

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Boom!

Comment

GAME NOTES AND LINKS

SCOUTING OMAHA:
          • For the sixth-straight year WSU opens against an opponent coming off of a winning season.
          • Omaha finished 21-13 in 2018-19 and was runner-up in both the Summit League regular season and conference tournament.
          • Coach Derrin Hansen was the 2019 Summit League Coach of the Year.
          • Omaha is picked fourth out of nine teams in the Summit League preseason poll.
          • The Mavericks have a veteran squad back in 2019-20 with three double-figure scorers returning to the lineup. Two members of the that trio, JT Gibson (12.9 ppg) and Matt Pile (11.2 ppg), were preseason second team all-league picks.
          • Senior point guard K.J. Robinson ranked eighth nationally in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.06).
          • Omaha is ranked No. 170 (out of 353 teams) in KenPom's preseason ratings.
          • Ball security and pinpoint shooting helped key the 2018-19 Mavericks. They averaged almost as many triples (8.8) as turnovers (9.8) last year. Only Virginia, Michigan and St. Joseph's average fewer giveaways, and the Mavericks ranked 10th nationally in three-point accuracy (.392).

Comment

Question: what is Brett Barney doing? He was classified as a junior at Omaha last year (albeit, probably a redshirt junior), and I see that he graduated in May and is no longer listed on roster. Did he go somewhere else for his last year of eligibility? Did he hang up his sneakers to join the "real world?" Just curious...
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              Question: what is Brett Barney doing? He was classified as a junior at Omaha last year (albeit, probably a redshirt junior), and I see that he graduated in May and is no longer listed on roster. Did he go somewhere else for his last year of eligibility? Did he hang up his sneakers to join the "real world?" Just curious...
              Wasn't he working for Landry Shamet earlier this summer?

Comment

Tickets are cheap - no reason not to have a packed house. Shox by 16.

Comment

Shockers opened as 13.5 favorites and have now moved to 15.0 points

Comment

When Omaha comes to town

10669297l.jpg

When they leave town

raw-hamburger-called_8214a32456112e8d.jpg?width=760&height=411&fit=crop.jpg
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The game is now showing being picked up on ESPN3

Comment

Grant Sherfield was predicted to start by Channel 12 Jacob Albrecht and was listed by Taylor Eldridge in the Eagle as the probable starter tonight at Point Guard. It was pointed out by Eldridge that whoever started, both Sherfield and Burton would play plenty of minutes. Marshall said the usual that he is more interested in who finishes games than who starts them which is correct but we all know that the players most likely care who starts. Burton does the little things well and is a well rounded player. Sherfield is also good at defense and is a well rounded player but appears to be a very good offensive player. Both are very good players. Marshall also said that he has told Sherfield to keep all involved in the offense, spacing, and knowing what they are doing, and at the end of clocks (8 seconds left), he will get his opportunity to show his ability to create offense.

We will see tonight for sure but any comments?

Comment

All I can say is thank God its BB season, it was a long long wait! Go Shocks!
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Tough to say who will start. If I had to provide my WAG I’d say Burton will get the nod. Then again it seems Coach historically sticks with a starting line up until something forces him to change.

Comment

If Sherfield is our starting PG now, in his first ever regular season game as a true freshman, I'll take that as a positive sign about GS and the future of the program.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Wanjang Tut? Weren't they a pop group in the 80s?

Comment

Working...
                                X