Wichita State vs. Northeastern State (Oklahoma) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I don't think Dexter is ready and prob not an early entrant. He has size and skills but he needs a lot of work on his ball handling. Landry showed the scouts a lot by running PG in college which showed he had really good ball skills to go with his shooting. Dexter is still a little stiff in this regard.
    I think this is the understatement of the year...I think he looks kind of...hhhhmmmm....average at the moment...Am I wrong in thinking this BASED ON ONE EXHIBITION?

BTW...nothing to do with points scored...just impact on the game...

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I think this is the understatement of the year...I think he looks kind of...hhhhmmmm....average at the moment...Am I wrong in thinking this BASED ON ONE EXHIBITION?

Dexter was pretty quiet. He did end up with 7 points on only 6 shots (second fewest attempts among guys who played more than ten minutes, one attempt less than Midtgaard), 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 TO. Not to mention his signature tough defense (shout out to Taylor Eldridge for highlighting that on Twitter).

I like that he took the opportunities available and didn’t really try to force anything that I recall. That shows me a mature, team first attitude from one of our best players. Against an overmatched opponent he could have easily gone out there and tried to show off all the new stuff he’s been developing.

Speaking of the new stuff, he did have a pump fake at the three point line followed by a left handed drive that he finished through contact for an and 1. That addition alone will make him even tougher to guard.

Comment

• With as many bodies as the Shocks can throw out, I wouldn't mind a style of play similar to what the Miami Heat is currently running. They get after it, and if you can't get after it, you sit. Good ball movement, outside shooting and active defensively. Can't wait till Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Can't speak for coaches, but I'd say current recruiting doesn't include expectations for redshirting like it might have in the MVC days. Looks like the staff is looking for players that can make an immediate impact.
          We don’t recruit back-ups.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

The coaches recruit players that they think can help the team right away. They don't recruit kids to sit the bench, some kids just can't win minutes for various reasons.
            Makes sense. I know they recruited "projects" players before, but as WstateU mentioned, that may have been in the MVC days. But, I'm still curious if they approach each class with a belief that expects a certain amount of defections each year, for whatever reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Dennis played a fantastic game defensively! He did not impose his will on offense, and he didn’t last year either. Instead, he took advantage of opportunities. It’s quite possible that he could end up in more of a Tekele Cotton role where he is the defensive stopper and the ridiculously under-rated third option on offense.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Whether players leave early or not Marshall will do his thing. His staff is smart competitive and hes just hard not to like. It helps out every game Shamet and FVV play they mention WSU 6 or 7 times. Then you got Durant showing love FVV saying if your a young player pay attention to FVV you dont need to be drafted to be a pro. Leave it up to Marshall if this group is together next year we ahould be top 15 if everything goes to plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Makes sense. I know they recruited "projects" players before, but as WstateU mentioned, that may have been in the MVC days. But, I'm still curious if they approach each class with a belief that expects a certain amount of defections each year, for whatever reason.
                  I think you could safely call Bilau a project, just with a higher ceiling than usual.

I would bet that the staff does expect someone to leave about every year and hedge their bets in recruiting accordingly. When was the last time we didn't have a player transfer at the end of the year?
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Depending how fast he gets it, JoBoo MIGHT be a force by New Years

Comment

• Big men typically are going to be projects to some degree simply because there's only so many legit big men coming out of high school. Most kids take longer to mature into those big bodies

Comment

• I would think Gregg's recruiting philosophy has never really wavered, it's more a case of the number of D1-ready student-athletes who want to join the program has increased.

But rumor has it, he's always carrying a can of Barbasol...

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                          I think you could safely call Bilau a project, just with a higher ceiling than usual.

I would bet that the staff does expect someone to leave about every year and hedge their bets in recruiting accordingly. When was the last time we didn't have a player transfer at the end of the year?
                          he has a higher floor too. i.e. He can catch the ball, dribble, shoot, and pass.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                          X