Wichita State vs. Northeastern State (Oklahoma) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Well guys, don't hang your heads ... there's always tomorrow. We'll get 'em next time.
    Can we get another shot at La Tech?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Very impressed with the newbies... this freshman class along with last years is going to pay off. Wade has a steady game that looks to be someone you can count on night in night out. Get Echenigue back and I think this could be a very interesting year.

Comment

Can already tell this team will shoot it much better in general. Sherfield and Wade were really good, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
          Can already tell this team will shoot it much better in general. Sherfield and Wade were really good, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop.
          Very few bad shots.
          Livin the dream

Comment

This good without Jamie or Udeze.

Comment

Love not having to rely on just 2 guys.

Grant was terrific on his post game interview.

Comment

Shocker basketball (play angry) was back for a game. AND it was an exhibition. How many 10 second counts were forced?

My takeaways:
                1. We're athletic. Nobody flails on shots. The times players went to the floor they were diving for loose balls. Fun to see, good to see. Primma Donnas? Not here, not yet.
                2. We are a much better passing team - specifically over last years team. Some guys on this team understand how to make entry passes into the post. How many assists did we have that were entry passes into the post, turn, and score?
                3. We are a better shooting team over last season. I mean, FAR and away a better shooting team. Being able to make shots was the Shocker weakness last season. Take half our our losses last season that we just couldn't compete because of shooting woes, and improved shooting puts us in a better opportunity to win those games. I think it helps in big games as well as it looks like a LOT of guys could on any night explode on the offensive end. LOVED the ball control and passing. Can't emphasize that enough. How many times does somebody explode against us in a surprise win? Shoes may be on the other foot, or feet now, as a number of players look like they could "go off" on any given night.
                4. Defense. Defense. Defense. Shocks look like they will play improved defense both defensively and individually. Maybe that's just physical strength of the guys walking into the program now, but the D is improved over last season.
                5. Depth. We have a LOT of athletic bodies who appear to have basketball skills. If they can get after it and challenge possessions every game, I like our chances in a lot of ball games. Maybe even games where I wouldn't peg the Shocks as having a shot.
                6. This was NeSU. This was not an AAC team. The SHocks will face more athletic and certainly stronger and more physical players in conference. But there was A LOT TO LIKE in this Exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Also, Wade is totally Ramon Clemente.
                  Way better than Ramon

Comment

There was a lot there to like. Schedule sets up well to see if they can continue executing against increasing difficult competition.

Comment

OK, an exhibition game. We have at least 7-8 guys who are going to be game MVP's this season. Athletic hard nosed
                      bunch. Got lost on defense a few times but good intensity. DD, JB, GS, TE. Wade and ES played well. We will miss JE but others
                      will get some valuable PT in his absence. If teams can't sag off our PG's that bodes well for the offense. I predicted 24 W's
                      and saw nothing to change my mind. I think this team can dance.

Comment

The point position has been addressed.

Comment

I am looking forward to a week from tonight.

Go Shocks!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Definitely some good things from just about everyone tonight.

Especially like 24 assists on 36 baskets

Burton - 6 assists, 0 TO's
                            Stevenson - 5 assists, 1 TO
                            Sherfield - 3 assists, 0 TO
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

What everyone else has said and it is hard to believe the team shoots this well even with the three point line extended. Thought JB played very well after hearing he just missed a week of practice with dental problems.

Comment

Dunno if we have ever had two guys as athletic as ETN and JoBoo

Comment

Working...
                                X