Wichita State vs. Northeastern State (Oklahoma) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. Northeastern State (Oklahoma) Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL VS. NORTHEASTERN STATE (OKLAHOMA)
    When: OCT 29 (TUE) 7:00 P.M.
    Where: WICHITA, KAN., CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: YURVIEW KS https://www.yurview.com/northeastern...tball-10-29-19

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: None
    Sagarin: None
    Massey: Winner WSU 98%, by 29.5 Points
    KenPom: None
    Torvik: None
    Shocks Win by 10+
    96.97%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    1.52%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    0%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    1.52%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    0%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; October 30, 2019, 09:19 PM.

The RiverHawks Men's Basketball team is picked to finish fifth (14 total teams) this season in the MIAA according to the preseason coaches poll released Wednesday. The media have a different view of the RiverHawks, picking them to finish 12th , the same position they were picked last season.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The RiverHawks Men's Basketball team is picked to finish fifth this season in the MIAA according to the preseason coaches poll released Wednesday. The media have a different view of the RiverHawks, picking them to finish 12th, the same position they were picked last season.

I'll predict the following start the game:
    Guard Jamarius Burton
    Guard Erik Stevenson
    Guard Dexter Dennis
    Forward Trey Wade
    Center Jaime Echenique

Score Prediction:
    River Hawks = 61
    Shockers = 84

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Shocks win by as many as we want, and this year we all get off to a great feeling and start, quite unlike last year's start.

Comment

Can't wait to see this game. The first exhibition is always like Christmas morning.

All I really care about tomorrow is getting good looks, making the bunnies and low low low turnovers.

Excited to see the new guys. Probably most excited about Sherfield.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Can't wait to see this game. The first exhibition is always like Christmas morning.
          Yeah, but last year all I got was crummy socks and underwear.

Comment

102 to 56 Black and Yellow
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

As we all know, there's not a lot that can be taken away from these sorts of exhibition games. But it's always fun to see the new players as well as how much physical change we see in the guys who have been on the team for a while. I'm particularly interested to see if Erik's shot has improved as much as reported, and how Udeze looks after rehabilitating his shoulder. I'm also curious to see if Poor Bear has worked on his outside shot to the point that he has potential at the 4.

Comment

exhibitions are public practices so i’d expect to see so many lineups that it could get pretty ugly. win by 1 and move on. just make sure to have teaching points afterward.

Comment

We beat Augusta University by 6 in 16-17 in our exhibition game and that team ended up finishing 8th in KenPom, so I'm not going to draw a ton of conclusions from this one.

That said, I am so excited to start another season of Shocker basketball. This one could be fun.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                    As we all know, there's not a lot that can be taken away from these sorts of exhibition games. But it's always fun to see the new players as well as how much physical change we see in the guys who have been on the team for a while. I'm particularly interested to see if Erik's shot has improved as much as reported, and how Udeze looks after rehabilitating his shoulder. I'm also curious to see if Poor Bear has worked on his outside shot to the point that he has potential at the 4.
                    My take is that Poor Bear's ability to play the 4 has nothing to do with offensive improvement. I think he has those skills. Being able to chase guys around, and knowing the offense/defense schemes of the position would be my question marks.

I am excited and take it as a great sign that he saw that as an opportunity and clearly spent the last few months working hard to get in the necessary physical shape to try it.

Comment

Web kick ass then pull back 88 to 60
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I put this in the scrimmage thread .. but hopefully he's back for the Thanksgiving Tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I put this in the scrimmage thread .. but hopefully he's back for the Thanksgiving Tourney.
                          Damn!

Comment

does the coaches radio show start tonight (monday, 10/28)?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              does the coaches radio show start tonight (monday, 10/28)?
                              Yes. 6:00 PM on KFH 1240 AM or 97.5 FM

Comment

Working...
                              X