2019-2020 AAC Media Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I like the way the term "he's cut up his body" seems to be a common refrain this year.
    It appears Kerry Rosenboom worked his magic.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

It appears Kerry Rosenboom worked his magic.
      Much props to Rosenboom. BUT, I think it's pretty clear that there was some serious commitment from a lot of guys over the past few months. That takes a lot of work. And some of it, like trimming down to improve your lateral quickness for defense doesn't even fall under the category of improvements that are easy to show off on your Instagram.

Comment

Comment

If I was a reporter I would skip just about any coach to go and talk to 3G. He never mails it in, always honest and has substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Fernandes would be my 2nd pick. Has been injured and seems to be behind a stacked set of guards.
            I noticed in the article Qoutables Wichita State Media Day Coach said all 3 freshmen guards will play. That doesn't sound like redshirt to me, but I guess we will have to wait and see. But it's clear Fernandez weighs more than 152 pounds. Good for him. He has worked hard.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I noticed in the article Qoutables Wichita State Media Day Coach said all 3 freshmen guards will play. That doesn't sound like redshirt to me, but I guess we will have to wait and see. But it's clear Fernandez weighs more than 152 pounds. Good for him. He has worked hard.
              My understanding is that Noah impressed prior to the injury. All three freshman guards are very, very good.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

My understanding is that Noah impressed prior to the injury. All three freshman guards are very, very good.
                3G doesn’t recruit scrubs, I have no doubt they are all good. He also openly says that we can only play so many guys. In hindsight he wishes he didn’t play AM 65 total minutes his freshman year. If that’s all the minutes someone is gonna get, a redshirt would make sense. Inevitably, there will be a freshman or 2 on this team stuck on the end of the bench and will blow a redshirt opportunity to play mop up minutes.

Comment

Football changed redshirt rule to allow 30% of gam s and still redshirt maybe basketball will follow suit and allow maybe five games or something.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Football changed redshirt rule to allow 30% of gam s and still redshirt maybe basketball will follow suit and allow maybe five games or something.
                    But that would be too logical...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

But that would be too logical...
                      Football is quickly finding out some of the reasons this isn't a good idea.

Another example of people not thinking more than 3 months down the road.

(Look up Houston football tanking if you haven't already)
                      Last edited by Cdizzle; October 17, 2019, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        There will just be many more graduate transfers. Redshirts rarely work out in the long run imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Football is quickly finding out some of the reasons this isn't a good idea.

Another example of people not thinking more than 3 months down the road.

(Look up Houston football tanking if you haven't already)
                          Interesting...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I know it would take a bevy of additional rules, but the "actively tanking" problem could be gotten round.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                              If I was a reporter I would skip just about any coach to go and talk to 3G. He never mails it in, always honest and has substance.
                              Unless that reporter asks a really stupid question. Particularly one reporter out of Omaha.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Unless that reporter asks a really stupid question. Particularly one reporter out of Omaha.
                                I think one could argue that was honest and substantive, in its own way. Good times.

Now, I don't know how many of you ever listened to the weekly MVC conference calls. Talk about not giving any shits about what those people thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X