First day of practice, Marshall talks about the Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    This is the type of article we should be seeing from Taylor this time of year. We're all clamoring for intel on the team.
    Yeah, I really don't understand it. Maybe Coach won't talk to him or let him into practice.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Yeah, I really don't understand it. Maybe Coach won't talk to him or let him into practice.
      Not the case at all. But when CJ Moore wants to give your team national run, you make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        This is the type of article we should be seeing from Taylor this time of year. We're all clamoring for intel on the team.
        With like, three reporters at the Eagle, my guess he is running around covering everything he can.

Comment

Remember the Shockers Final 4 Season? We were picked by the mags around 4th in the Valley that same Season. We had lost some key players to graduation. As I remember it the best I can, Coach Marshall was quite positive about that team Dancing anyway as he spoke after the Shocker scrimmage. Once the Season got going, I don't ever remember a Season that was plagued with so many injuries. We had quality depth with players that really were forced to play more minutes than expected. Once we got to the Dance, this all paid off and the Shocks far exceeded the expected results. Since he conducts the practices and is a very practical in his views on the team, I listen closely to what Coach Marshall has to say, knowing he will be as accurate or more so than the prognosticators.

Last Season was the youngest Shocker team ever I could remember, but there was talent and solid competition for playing time. 3G has a way of shaping our team chemistry, and we finished better than this eternal optimist even expected with a strong team surge the last part of last Season.

Here's the deal. Street & Smith's picks us 5th and Athlon picked us 6th. Neither Mag. selected a Shocker to be in the top 10 of the AAC. Never fear, DD and JE are here. One or both could very well make this top 10 player list on paper after the hardwood when it truly counts. Of our new players, it deems possible that Tyson Etienne could make a splash among the new Freshmen and Trey Wade might, just might be considered in the fray of the top New Comers. How about a surprise player that might be ready to contribute prediction? Maybe Udeze, Fernandez, Sherfield, Bilau, or Gordon? My point is this. Lot's of talent and possibilities for Coach to develop that could really help us. Our returning players I know I like and they will be pressed hard for playing time.

So what does it all mean? My speculations are based on what I read and hear. Yikes! Now that is spooky! Even so, here goes. Look for us to finish 3rd or 4th in the AAC. For this to happen, our returning players must improve and our incoming recruits must come on strong once Conference play begins. We could very well be wondering what the verdict of the NCAA bubble will be on Selection Sunday. It appears this Season will be just that close as to whether the Shocks will be Dancing with Stars in March. In the meanwhile, my eyeballs will be scrutinizing what we read, and my ears will be on the tracks, listening down the tunnel, for evidences of facts along path to the bright lights or shiny objects. In the meanwhile, before we know it, the Black and Yellow Curtains will open for us unto still another dazzling Shocker Season. My ole bones again are speaking volumes that this still young squad will be improved and marching to March in "play angry style." On here, no need to ask if you are dialed up, on the turnip truck, and beyond ready to enjoy the quest. Have fun and Go Shockers!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We have far and away better coverage than any team in the conference by the local news teams(with maybe the exception of Memphis). Lets not get greedy here.

Comment

Thanks for sharing forevershockerfan & I feel quite good about the upcoming season with this team. It seems as if Coach Marshall is impressed with the depth of knowledge the players have in his system to date. Lots of competition for playing time and a deep roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We have far and away better coverage than any team in the conference by the local news teams(with maybe the exception of Memphis). Lets not get greedy here.
                That’s about all the Eagle is good for.

Comment

Trying to not get too excited for this year. They are still a young team....
                  I am with you man! Yes they are still young but they have talent. I wonder can they come together as a band of brothers and learn to trust each other. I just watched a PBS video of one of the best sports stories I have ever seen. I knew nothing about these guys. I am always the last to find out. Their story is true. It's called " The Boys of 36 " It's about crew rowing if you can believe that. If you have not seen it I highly recommend you do. They rowed with a chip on their shoulders.

Why is this relevant to shocker basketball ? Because I love the underdog story. And the shockers are usually the underdogs. Guys that come from the working class, guys nobody give a chance, guys that are under recruited, and guys that people say are not good enough. The boys of 36 came together and beat the privileged class in America and went on to win the gold medal in the 1936 Olympics. What a story. I love their coaches qoute.

" Why they won can not be contributed to individuals. Every man in that boat had absolute confidence in every one of his mates," Trust? I can't wait to watch the scrimmage this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxplode View Post

That’s about all the Eagle is good for.
                    Far better than the Hutch News. They have recently began running HS football stories from Friday night games on Sunday and college football on Monday. The beginning of the end for that paper, I suspect.

Comment

If we can improve our shooting, we can't really help but be improved. I mean, it seemed like we scraped out wins with horrible shooting last year.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If this team is breaking records (to the best of Marshall's memory) in shooting drills, then we could be in for a fun season. Maybe that's why Kellen says we're gonna be scary good. - Or something to that effect.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          If this team is breaking records (to the best of Marshall's memory) in shooting drills, then we could be in for a fun season. Maybe that's why Kellen says we're gonna be scary good. - Or something to that effect.
                          I mean we are only two years removed from a team that had Shamet, Frankamp, Reaves, McDuffie and a couple big men that could shoot it. So that has to mean something.

Comment

nothing from Coach, nothing from Taylor,,,,,,,,,,what's less than that?

Comment

nothing from Coach, nothing from Taylor,,,,,,,,,,what's less than that?

I know, we're talkin' practice...

https://www.kwch.com/content/sports/...561259551.html
                              Last edited by Kung Wu; October 1, 2019, 07:47 PM.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dang WstateU, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X