No announcement yet.

First day of practice, Marshall talks about the Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media/marketing department starting STRONG this year.

I guess the basketball team could maybe also be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      I try to remember that Marshall is at almost all times operating as a master button-pusher, and to view his comments with that in mind.

Still, I think it's hard to not find his sentiments the past few months to be largely encouraging. I get the impression that as difficult as last year was in some ways, it was also rejuvenating. Almost as if he had a 1-year reset and rebuild of the program within a new conference that he wants to be in. And while it may have driven him mad at times, it also proved for the umpteenth time that his approach works, given enough time. He seems to be really connected to this batch of players, like they have mutually bet on each other.

My opinion is that he spent 2017 and 2018 dragging a thoroughbred to water and begged them to drink. In 2019 he led a clydesdale to the watering hole and they drank willingly. In 2020, he need only open the stable gate.

Comment

We've got some effing MEN on this team.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          nm

Lol. Mo got dunked on because he went out to far to guard Herrs. And Herrs rightfully so is quicker and went around him and did what he suppose to do. I love it. We got some guys competing on this team.

Comment

Bring me THAT style of video before a game!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Bring me THAT style of video before a game!
            Yes.!!!!!!!! But maybe with different music. I heard one the other day by accident that might work. It's called " Two Steps From Hell - Protectors of The Earth. " Can't get that song out of my head. I think with the right shocker video it could be powerful. It's just a thought .

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yes.!!!!!!!! But maybe with different music. I heard one the other day by accident that might work. It's called " Two Steps From Hell - Protectors of The Earth. " Can't get that song out of my head. I think with the right shocker video it could be powerful. It's just a thought .
              I'll have to listen for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'll have to listen for it!
                It's 2019. You don't have to wait for it to come around again on the guitar.

TSFH Official YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/TwoStepsFromTheMusicFollow & Discover TSFH: https://linktr.ee/TSFHAlbum: InvincibleComposed by: Thomas...

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

It's 2019. You don't have to wait for it to come around again on the guitar.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q
                  But what frequency do I set it to?

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

This is a serious question...how did you just “happen” to hear this the other day. I mean, I haven’t heard it on 103.7 or 102.1, so what are you listening to??

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

This is a serious question...how did you just “happen” to hear this the other day. I mean, I haven’t heard it on 103.7 or 102.1, so what are you listening to??
                      I was listening to some other music on YouTube ( I can't recall now ) but as usual the freeking computer or Internet pulls up these other sites to listen to. I saw the 5 guys in the gold armour and they looked intersting to me so I clicked on it to see what it sounded like. In addition to the above music they have 2 other great songs I like.

Two Steps From Hell- Never back down

Two Steps From He'll - Victory

Comment

CJ Moore of The Athletic gives us an update on how well the young Shockers are shooting the ball in practice.

At that practice, the Shockers had set what Marshall declared an unofficial record in a shooting drill. The drill was five-ball shooting with three players coming down the court each time — one attempting a layup and the two others shooting catch-and-shoot wing jumpers. Layups are worth one. Mid-range jumpers are worth two and 3s are worth three. In 90 seconds, the Shockers tallied 192 points, the best total Marshall can ever remember. Last season they struggled to hit the goal of 160. “It was rare when we made it,” sophomore Dexter Dennis said. “Coach would be surprised.”

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          CJ Moore of The Athletic gives us an update on how well the young Shockers are shooting the ball in practice.

Trying to not get too excited for this year. They are still a young team....

Comment

If you want to be pessimistic, we need to play better D.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

This is the type of article we should be seeing from Taylor this time of year. We're all clamoring for intel on the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X