• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And he did not play one game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      And he did not play one game.
      ... and he got kicked out of a handful of practices; that was a train wreck waiting to happen and had me concerned from the get-go. How many of those type of players have been in the program since coach Marshall arrived? Probably less than a handful.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

... and he got kicked out of a handful of practices; that was a train wreck waiting to happen and had me concerned from the get-go. How many of those type of players have been in the program since coach Marshall arrived? Probably less than a handful.
        Pretty inarguable that off the court drama has been minimal.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          And he did not play one game.
          He did take up a position that could be filled by someone making a positive impact in their 2nd year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

He did take up a position that could be filled by someone making a positive impact in their 2nd year.
            Why would you expect Marshall to have recruited a player who would be contributing now when he’s no longer recruiting at an acceptable level?

Comment

The really good programs don’t do rebuilds.
              That's just silly.

Comment

• In general, I am in favor of giving a kid that can look in you in the face and say they are making a commitment to life-long change a second chance. Especially at the point where they are in college and surrounded by help.

But I don't think having to hire a parole officer as an assistant coach to manage an entire roster full of at-risk kids (ala Illinois State) is a good idea at all.

Having to mentor one at-risk youth on your roster at a time is manageable and respectable and worth the extra effort (especially from a spiritual and/or social standpoint). Any more than that and you are risking them poisoning each other, and the rest of your team. I would also always have a one-and-done policy with behavior issues from an at-risk kid that you took a gamble on. I think Teddy was handled perfectly, and now that he's gone, I wouldn't mind if 3G took a risk on another kid willing to try and turn his life around.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• According to BOBB...

2020 North Carolina - 82 KenPom, 13-17
                  2020 Virginia - 45, 21-7
                  2019 Arizona - 94, 17-15
                  2018 Indiana - 71, 16-15
                  2013 Kentucky - 55, 21-12, NIT

North Carolina, Virginia, Arizona, Indiana and Kentucky aren't good programs and their coaches should have been fired since they had a rebuild once.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Why would you expect Marshall to have recruited a player who would be contributing now when he’s no longer recruiting at an acceptable level?
                    Fair point

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                      should have been fired since they had a rebuild once.

List all the times I called for Marshall to be fired. I’ll wait

Comment

List all the times I called for Marshall to be fired. I’ll wait
                        Let's just ignore that for now, you just said that really good programs don't rebuild. So by your logic, UNC, Virginia, Arizona, Indiana and Kentucky are not "really good" programs.

Your opinion is so bad, it is wrong.

Comment

• When does our rebuild begin? We have stacked classes again. These are our players going forward the next two seasons.

Comment

When does our rebuild begin? We have stacked classes again. These are our players going forward the next two seasons.
                            Last year our final record was 22-15. 6th in AAC. We were nowhere near the NCAA bubble.

We are (currently) 22-7, 4th in AAC, on the right side of the bubble and essentially control our own destiny for an at large.

Obviously the ink has yet to dry on the season so things can change one way or the other but I already consider this year a natural improvement over last.

I don’t really even understand how it could be viewed otherwise. Especially when I consider the facts of the situation, something you seem unwilling to do because “coach makes a lot of money” or “other teams don’t rebuild” - even though I’ve given multiple examples of other coaches who make as much or more than Marshall and who coach at historically more prestigious universities who have had worse years than ours was last year.
                            Last edited by pie n eye; March 4, 2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• From 6th to 4th and look out 3rd!

Comment

From 6th to 4th and look out 3rd!
                                One might say... that's a trend... in the... right.... direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X