No announcement yet.

Candid Coaches most underrated schools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candid Coaches most underrated schools.

Dont know if this is posted anywhere buts its interesting.https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...rf0LZW_5QBhhtc
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    Dont know if this is posted anywhere buts its interesting.https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...rf0LZW_5QBhhtc
    Basically shows coaches are actually getting smarter. Being the big dog, with big resources, national brand and playing against mediocre league competition is s good place to be. I would guess WSU might have received more votes if it was still in the MVC...

Notice there were zero second tier Power 5 jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post

Basically shows coaches are actually getting smarter. Being the big dog, with big resources, national brand and playing against mediocre league competition is s good place to be. I would guess WSU might have received more votes if it was still in the MVC...

Notice there were zero second tier Power 5 jobs.
      What about Washington, Oregon and Vanderbilt? Are they not second tier Power 5 jobs?

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        Washington and Oregon have the opportunity to dominate the Pac12.

Vanderbilt is located in one of America’s hottest cities and has proven they will tolerate mediocre results for a decade or more.

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with pro about Washington and Oregon, especially Oregon with its resources (although where they'll stand after the NCAA finishes investigating is still open to question).

Personally, I also think Vanderbilt is second tier (although pro's assertion about their willingness to be patient has merit), but the point is generally valid in any case: coaches are smart enough they'd be better off someplace other than a "Power 5" school whose name is based on football alone, or -- even worse -- solely on conference affiliation.
    Working...
    X